Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

01-24-2017

Australia

14 Signins

176 Page Views

• Views: 176
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 910 - Keyboard not working at BIOS

2017-05-27, 22:54 PM

I have constant issues with the keyboard on Yoga 910.  I'm particularly interested if this is hardware issue that would require me to return the laptop for a refund, or it's software/firmware issue that would suggest I would have this same issue if I replaced the laptop.

I dual boot Windows and Linux Mint. I work solely from Linux and keep Windows installed purely to get myself out of trouble when this laptop misbehaves.

Right now, at boot, the keyboard is completely non-functioning.  Which means at the boot-loader I cannot make a selection.  It also means if I tap the hidden button with a pen (the one beside the power button) to get access to the BIOS options, I also cannot make any selections.

When I allow Linux to boot (because I can't choose anything else,) it's hit or miss if the keyboard will work.  Sometimes it worked immediately.  Sometimes it starts working after 30 seconds.  Sometimes it does not work at all.

So I reboot, reboot, reboot, whilst simultanously bang my head on the desk until it does work.

Note that I read that some Lenevo laptops get confused and think they are in tablet mode when they are not, causing the keyboard to be disabled.  The solution is meant to be to fold the screenback past 300 degrees and back again to trip the switch.  But this does not work for myself -- I can folder it all the way, back and forth many times, and they keyboard never comes back.

So on the last successful boot where the keyboard worked, I changed the boot loader to boot Windows by default.  Things seem to work fine in Windows.  So I'm making this post whilst my keyboard works, before attempting more rebooting and banging of head on desk.

Options

4181 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5895 Signins

69586 Page Views

• Views: 69586
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 - Keyboard not working at BIOS

2017-05-28, 13:56 PM

Have you tried booting with a cheap, USB keyboard plugged in? If that works, at least it'll save you from a concussion while you work on tracking down the issue.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

22 Posts

01-19-2014

United States of America

21 Signins

201 Page Views

• Views: 201
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 - Keyboard not working at BIOS

2017-08-15, 16:38 PM

I'm having the same problem! Although I am running Fedora 26. 

I have noticed that sometimes USB inputs make it worse, so removing peripherals or even the power cord sometimes helps to allow the keyboard and trackpad to work again. Other times, nothing helps and it is random. The touchscreen works so I can, with greater effort, use the on-screne keyboard to type if I need to, but that's prohibitively inconvenient for me to be doing my writing-intensive work through. 

Have you perchance found any solutions to this? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms