08-06-2017 05:49 PM
A few weeks ago (after some updates) I noticed my Yoga does not automatically disable the keyboard and mouse when swithced to tent or tablet mode.
Things I have tried:
1. Deleteing every single Lenovo utility and driver that could be related to this and reinstalling them. (Starting with Lenovo Yoga Control which should be the driver that runs the transitions, but also BIOS, chipstet and the standard lenovo settings and utilities). In any case, YMC.exe was and is still running in task manager, to no avail.
2. Installing previous verions of Lenovo Harmony (which actually recognizes when my device goes into tent or tablet mode and gives me the popup saying "your device is now in tent mode" but does not disable the keyboard or mouse).
3. Doing a system restore to a few months ago, but problem persists.
4. Checking if my Sensor Monitoring Service was running (it is running).
I am pretty irritated at this point and fresh out of ideas. Any help pretty please
08-08-2017 08:31 AM - edited 08-08-2017 08:32 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
If the issue persisted after the restore, I would recommend that you attempt a factory reset on the unit, this would rule out any software issue with the unit.
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine
1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.
If these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.