Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatpanda
Paper Tape
Views: 333
Message 1 of 15

Yoga 910 No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in

I have issues with my Yoga 910 soundcard, which has been going on for about 6 months since one of the Windows 10 upgrades.  Essentially my sound icon has a little red cross through it, and I don't see Realtek device in the device manager.

Something seems to have happened with the windows update to stop this from working.

The strange thing is that when I plug in bluetooth speakers, they work fine, and also speakers work when I plug into a usb 3 dock.

It just doesn't work with the inbuilt speakers or headphones.  It's as if windows just can't recognize the sound device.

It seems like there are a tonne of Windows 10 issues with sound, and a lot with Lenovo, but none of the current forums appear to have any solution to this issue I am having.

I'm well versed with drivers, and have gone through the process of upgrading all drivers to the latest version, even trying a fresh windows install, and nothing is working for me.  I don't believe there is a hardware issue here, but I don't know what has changed to stop the sound from working.  Hopefully either MS or Lenovo could look into this.

Below are screenshots.  If anyone has a solution, i'd be super grateful.

I', Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 309
Message 2 of 15

Re: Yoga 910 No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in

Hi Fatpanda

Greetings from Lenovo.

As you have mentioned about the audio issue, suggest you to rollback the windows update. Go to update and security-> update history-> uninstall the latest update and check if you are able to get the audio.

fatpanda
Paper Tape
Views: 294
Message 3 of 15

Yoga910-rollback build.PNGMany thanks for the quick response.  Sadly my fresh install of windows would only let me roll back to build 1703 and that didn't work.

I had previously done a fresh install using the downloaded media from the lenovo site.

I did uninstall all patches and that didn't work either.

Any thoughts?

:-(

BraxtonP
Punch Card
Views: 291
Message 4 of 15

I had this happen to my Yoga 910 that I purchased through Best Buy twice. The first time, They had to send it off and reconnect the audio board to the motherboard. It happened again about 4 months later and then they replaced the audio board. It has been working ever since.20181031_153709.jpg

20181031_153546.jpg

yoga 2 pro, yoga 3 pro, yoga tablet 2 pro, thinkpad x220
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 282
Message 5 of 15

Try to update the audio driver using the Lenovo Vantage app, it will automatically check for a compatible audio driver. Simply search Lenovo Vantage in the Cortana search field and check for system updates.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

fatpanda
Paper Tape
Views: 274
Message 6 of 15

I have previously tried this and it didn't work.  I just tried again, and it tells me again that 'No updates are available.  Your system is up to date.'

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 273
Message 7 of 15

Hello fatpanda,

Try manually downloading the drivers from our website: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-910-13ikb/download...

You may also enter the serial number of your machine on that website then click on Drivers&Software and look for the Realtek Audio Drivers. Let us know of the result, thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

fatpanda
Paper Tape
Views: 261
Message 8 of 15

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I did mention in my first post that I had gone through the process of updating all the drivers from the lenovo website, and nothing has worked.  

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 252
Message 9 of 15

I did a little research and found this article that similar to your case. https://lnv.gy/2EW0Hbo. This troubleshooting applies toselected models, but you may also try it to your Yoga 910. Update us how it goes. 

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

fatpanda
Paper Tape
Views: 225
Message 10 of 15

That link doesn't appear to work :-(

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors