cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrg72
Paper Tape
Views: 240
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 910. One star rating. I would return for a massive refund if I could.

I would seriously love a refund. Worst keyboard design ever. Small shift key on right side of keyboard is an epic fail and I have no clue why my cursor randomly jumps all over the place. I also delete entire sentences and have no clue which keys I am hitting that cause the constant mistakes. I type fast and am skilled. This thing has made my workday a nightmare. I think just having a thumb hovering above the touch pad causes chaos. I am now typing terribly slow and even watching the keys at times. I bought a hardwire keyboard so I can just get back to work and stop trying to master this terrible layout/design. I am sure they will fix it for future users. But I am stuck with this thing. It was my first Lenovo purchase and I was excited about many of the features. It will definitly be my last. I work way too much to deal with the constant typos that impede my progress.

DaleRoss
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 201
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 910. One star rating. I would return for a massive refund if I could.

When I first got a 910, I too had trouble with the keyboard, the small shift key. The requirement to use Fn for certain things like page up/down/home/end. But I did pick it up after a few weeks. I never became 100% efficent with it like I was on my previous Thinkpad and Yoga Pro 2 that I replaced wtiht he 910. the 920 keyboard design is a bit better.

The cursor doesn't randomly jump around the screen. What is happening is that your hand is hitting the touchpad. This can and will happen on any ultrabook you work with; when I use an ASUS, HP, Dell... whatever it happens. You have to get used to that and control your thumbs more. This isn't a design problem; you can turn the touchpad off.

Most likely your deleting entire sentences is a result of the touchpad.

For me, the keyboard layout wasn't enough to deminish the value I got from the 910.

jrg72
Paper Tape
Views: 143
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 910. One star rating. I would return for a massive refund if I could.

Thanks for the input. I too have worked with various brands over the years. Thumb control was never an issue before. I think you are right about the mouse pad, but if my Lenovo design is so poor that I cannot use it after working at exceptional speed on other brands for two decades, it deserves a one star rating. The system is fast, lighweight, and has a lot of good features. However, for me, the positives are greatly diminished because my work productivity is negatively impacted. I love a great system and that is why I spent so much on mine. This experience is frustrating given the cost and I will never buy another one without very careful testing. Not sure what team approved the design, but they  blew it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors