Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delsabawy
Punch Card
Views: 685
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 910 Random Restarts

I've had this weird issue with my Yoga 910 where it restarts randomly every once in a while. I'd say it happens about once a day, anyone else having the same problem?? I can't seem to pinpoint what is happening when it does, I just go away for a while and come back to my laptop on the login screen, from a restart.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 622
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 910 Random Restarts

Unless I misunderstand you, that's pretty much typical Windows 10 behavior when you've been away from the machine. Gotta log on, again, to make sure it's you. Are you SURE it rebooted?

You can go into the power settings and set the thing to never sleep. 

Right now, mine is set to shut off the display after 5 minutes. Touch anything and I'm right back where I was. It's set to put the computer to sleep after 15 minutes. If I come back to it, I'm at the logon screen. I have the computer set to go to sleep if I shut the lid. When I open it, I'm back at the logon screen. And by "logon screen" I mean the one with the photo of the day, the clock and the logon window.

Pretty sure you can change those settings so it's always back where it was when you walk away. Unless you're positive it's rebooting. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
delsabawy
Punch Card
Views: 618
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply!! I thought I was just tripping out, but one day it happened right in front of me, like the computer turns off, goes splash screen and turns on again, all by itself. I thought it was waking from hibernate, but everything was closed and Chrome even prompted me to restore the tabs, meaning it crashed suddenly. Very weird occurrence but it is rare, just trying to understand if there is anything I can do to mitigate it or at least understand what triggers it :/

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 591
Message 4 of 4

Does the Windows System logs (in Computer Managment) give you any clues? 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors