Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
username0000000
Paper Tape
Views: 2,729
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 910 Resolution

Hi all,

I had gotten the 910 around november of last year and its a powerful and great little machine. My one gripe with it though is the resolution. The 3840x2160 is fantastic but the problem I have with it is that some software partially or fully cannot scale properly, leaving you with either extremely large or small buttons on an other wise perfectly scaled window. I had also followed the guidance at have windows scale things with the display tool but again it doesn't always working perfectly.

I had read here to dial it down to 1920x1080 which is working flawlessly however there is some graininess that comes along with that.

Was wondering if anyone here had experienced the same issue and if there is another work around I am missing? 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,658
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 910 Resolution

I'm pretty sure we all have as that's what happens when you use a resolution software makers didn't think about when designing their products. Some of them are beginning to fix this as more 4k computers/monitors come off the line. I know my H&R Block tax software had all kinds of scaling issues at the beginning of the year. It appears the February 6th update fixed that as it looks just fine, now. Some other products still have tiny fonts in dialogue windows no matter what adjustments I make. But, I already know my way around those products so well, I don't really need to SEE what the box says. I already know.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 2,646
Message 3 of 5

Hi username0000000,

For now dialing down the resolution is the best answer until the software manufacturer's have made their apps 4K compatible. Let's just hope we dont need to buy a new version of the apps from them. I've been dealing with this since the Yoga 2 Pro came out and the tax program I had was not compatible with the QHD. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
username0000000
Paper Tape
Views: 2,641
Message 4 of 5

Seems like its an issue everywhere, thanks for response guys.

mattjs
What's DOS?
Views: 1,797
Message 5 of 5

Yeah I'm a Dev so i'll always use plenty of old obscure apps that size wrong, look awful and should have gotten the 1920x1080 which works well with apps. That said though different resolutions may or may not even have been available for different markets including mine.

BUT what has made me happy is isnt that awesome 3840x2160 display just drop dead eye-poppingly gorgeous though! WOW!!!

And finaly what has made me very happy is that scaling back to 1920x1080 to match my old laptop/monitor combination (RDPing before KVMing) is completely imperceptable as here I sit with my Lenovo USB-C to full HDMI through ATEN KVM to a 1920x1080 ultralight but older LG monitor and it too is friggen purrfect!

The Yoga 910 looks just as good to me in 1920x1080 as 3840x2160 so I am now one very happy chappy as I heard and suspected the 1920x1080 may not have been as good as the 3840x2160 (and BTW my old Fujitsu was complete and utter **bleep** and why it always pays to both visit a store like Microsoft's to check how it actually looks and not changing the Display spec before ordering from the manufacturer. ;-)

Only annoyance is the shortened Right Shift Key and a great shame as it would have been truly purfect if that was fixed and the watch band hinge was set back from the edge by at least a 1/2 inch (i would actually prefer a 1 to 1.5 inches) as its a target that if banged will seriously **bleep** up the display and laptop so 9/10 from me BUT a serious 10/10 if they do fix these two items next time around! LISTENING LENOVO!!!???

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors