cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahil_007
Paper Tape
Views: 295
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 910 Spectre/Meltdown BIOS patches MISSING!!!!! And more.....

It's almost 6 months now and lenovo has still not released a fix for the spectre/meltdown vulnarability. I paid good money for this laptop and with that, I expect good product support. Almost all the other laptops have received the patch, but Lenovo is taking too darn long. Dell has already released fixes for almost all of its laptops. At this point, I'm starting to regret my decision of buying this laptop. Either lenovo is severely understaffed or it simply does not care enough for its customers.

Please don't tell me to watch the https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/LEN-18282 page because I check it everyday.

This isn't the only area where lenovo has failed to provide adequate support for its products. They haven't updated their drivers in ages, thinking that their drivers are good enough. Well, as new Windows builds come along, there are more and more problems with the drivers as well, such as the display drivers. They need to update them. An update every 3-6 months would be greatly appreciated as well. Very bad after-sales support from lenovo.

Feel free to reply/contradict my claims.....

CornyjK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 230
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 910 Spectre/Meltdown BIOS patches MISSING!!!!! And more.....

You can download Windows Update that loads new microcode (with meltdown and spectre variants) before system launches, so there is really no need of releasing new firmware (but yes, it's better...).

PS: Due to my sources there are new Spectre like flaws, so there has to be new firmware update for all devices anyways.

kuennleow
Fanfold Paper
Views: 123
Message 3 of 4

sad to say that when i log a case with support back here in singapore. they refer me to the page without 910 in it. 

further question prompted the following response from the local support.

Greetings,
Dear kuenn leow
Thank you for contacting Lenovo Technical Support.
We have checked and your machine is not in the list of affected machines.
If you are concerned about the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerability, you may keep your machine updated by running System Update which is installed if you are using a Lenovo factory installed Windows.
All the affected machines have been patched with fixes via a BIOS update and that has resolved the issue.
Thank you.
Best Regards,

i recheck, the latest bios was  2JCN39WW dated 16 Jun 2017. 

NOW, I AM IN TOTAL LOSS WHAT TO BELIEVE.  I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!

IS IT ME OR LENOVO??

HELP APPRECIATED.

Yepi
What's DOS?
Views: 111
Message 4 of 4

It is Lenovo who stopped support and want you to buy another brand next time.

- The latest firmware has no Spectre/Meltdown patch.

- Drivers are not updated anymore.

- Hardware white list from 2016. 

Why should they care? They got your money already...

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors