cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FLPRD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,685
Message 1 of 18

Yoga 910 - Tent Mode and Tablet Issues - No AutoRotation & Keyboard keeps active in Tent/Tablet Mode

Hi all,

I've noticed that my Yoga 910 is not auto rotatingwhen I set it to tent mode nor to tablet mode. Not only it doesn't auto rotate but it also keep the keyboard active... Not sure if this is a faulty sensor problem or just some bug. I've tried to follow the solutions presented in other topics but without success even tried a system restore but the problem is still here. I can't really identify which update has created this situtation but I know that when a couple of months ago it was still working. I also have the impression that more are affected, so could Lenovo release a patch to troubleshoot and solve such an important issue for a Yoga product (basically there is no Yoga functionality with this problem). Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,649
Message 2 of 18

Re: Yoga 910 - Tent Mode and Tablet Issues - No AutoRotation & Keyboard keeps active in Tent/Tab

Make sure ymc service is running. Tap the Windows key and type "services." The Services desktop app should come to the top. Click it and scroll down the list of services to ymc. It should be "running" and set to "auto." 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
FLPRD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,641
Message 3 of 18

Re: Yoga 910 - Tent Mode and Tablet Issues - No AutoRotation & Keyboard keeps active in Tent/Tab

Doctordon, thank you for your help. Ymc is up and running, in auto mode. I'd already checked that but with no further changes... I've noticed that service SensorDataService is set to auto but paused, and that if I start it it stops again after a couple of seconds. Is this the expected behavior of the SensorDataService? 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,636
Message 4 of 18

Just checked my 910. Sensor Data Services is set to "Manual (Trigger Start)."

FLPRD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,626
Message 5 of 18

Thanks. I've just changed it to Manual (Trigger Start) and restarted the machine. Still the same problem.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,613
Message 6 of 18

Installed Lenovo Vantage and updated all your drivers? Latest BIOS (2JCN39WW)?

If everything's up to date, you can try a System Restore back to a date where you know it was working. Otherwise, you may need to reset the system. Here's a similar thread. I'll keep digging.

FLPRD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,604
Message 7 of 18

Yes Lenovo Vantage is in place as well as the latest BIOS. I've also tried to restore the system to point back in december but it hasn't solved the problem. If it keeps like this will try a reset but I'll only be able to work on that during next week.

Let me know if any other idea comes to your mind. Thank you!

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 1,592
Message 8 of 18

Are you by any chance using a program like "O&O Shutup 10" because of Windows 10 privacy concerns?
If yes, there's a setting that you most likely enabled by accident. "Sensors for locating the system and it's orientation disabled" needs to be kept off.
FLPRD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,587
Message 9 of 18

Hi alceryes. No I'm not using such software. However I've Kaspersky Total Security installed and also thought that is could be the reason for this limitation. I've disabled it but my yoga kept with the same issues. Is there any Yoga out there having Kaspersky installed and keeping the auto rotation and keyboard lock enabled? Would be interesting to know...

FLPRD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,565
Message 10 of 18

Short update: Found something interesting. I've disabled the YMC service (not only disabling but also stopping) and now when going into tent mode the keyboard is locked as well as the trackpad. That is some progress however display auto-rotation still doesn't work...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors