Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umbert
Paper Tape
Views: 743
Message 121 of 124

Re: Yoga 910 USB-C Adapters

What I meant was charging laptop thru Minix, meaning : charger to USB-C port on Minix, 

Then Minix's USB-C connector where the laptop's charging port is.

It should be charging regular speed. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 722
Message 122 of 124

@synaptotroph
Maybe the updates at at the time (i.e., June 2017) weren't working with the Trendnet, and now my only remaining adapter I haven't returned yet (CableCreations) still doesn't work with the most recent updates? I'm really fed up with buying new adapters that other people say work, only to find that they don't work. Are there other alternatives? I'm trying to give presentatioins for my job, not watch tv.

I've had mine since December of 2016 and the only issue I've had is with HDMI handshaking. Sometimes, the external display had to be connected last, with the 910 powered up and the Trendnet connected. And that was with just one of the displays I've used it with. That particular display balks with my DirecTV box, as well. Gotta be powered up before connecting. Typical HDMI handshaking issue. The Vizio HDTV I'm using now is a little older and not nearly as picky. Given your explanation, it appears you're not using it to connect to a television. Depending on the presentation display you have at work, VGA might be a better option...?

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 719
Message 123 of 124

@umbert wrote:

What I meant was charging laptop thru Minix, meaning : charger to USB-C port on Minix, 

Then Minix's USB-C connector where the laptop's charging port is.

It should be charging regular speed. 

Just eyeballing the Minix, I don't think it's meant to be connected in that manner. The USB-C cord connects to the forward USB-C jack on the 910. You'd connect your AC Adapter to the rear jack. I sort of doubt the Minix could deliver 45W, anyway. I think they're expecting you to connect a peripheral or a phone. It would probably charge a phone, but not the 910.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
det1992
What's DOS?
Views: 653
Message 124 of 124

This adapter did NOT work for me:  

AUKEY USB Charging Station, 60W Power Delivery 3.0 & Dual Port USB Charger for MacBook / Pro, Dell XPS, iPhone X / 8 / Plus, Samsung Note8 and More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors