Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilipHendry
Punch Card
Views: 5,858
Message 11 of 124

Re: Yoga 910 USB-C Adapters

I've used this Dell USB-C to HDMI Adaptor and it works perfectly with the 4K monitor at 30hz I've got a work.

I'd really like to try the http://minix.com.hk/en/products/neo-c-usb-c-multiport-adapter. They have a forum post maintaining a list of compatibility and it lists the Yoga 900 which is a good sign. However, I believe I've seen a post somewhere which says not only does the device get exceedingly hot and all the way draining the battery - it would be greate to find some confirmation of this.

If I swap to something that I discover works I'll be sure to report back!

rpomygal
Punch Card
Views: 5,853
Message 12 of 124

I've contacted the ArcHub people to ask them how they accomplished their testing using one port, and allowing for video out, charging the Yoga, etc. Waiting on a response.

rpomygal
Punch Card
Views: 5,844
Message 13 of 124

Reply from Bourge Design:

The Arc Hub connects to the second port that supports video/data. In order to charge the 910 while using Arc Hub, you will need to charge via the dedicated charging port on the laptop.

Essentially your setup would have both USB-C ports on the 910 plugged in (one is occupied by the Arc Hub, the other by your charging cable).

I'll also add in that having the charging cable plugged into the laptop while using Arc Hub is not a requirement. The hub can be used without the laptop charging.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,828
Message 14 of 124

All of my laptops have had a charging port that never did anything else, so that's how I have to think of this one.. a charging port that doesn't do anything until you're on battery, then it's a bonus thumbdrive connection. It's as if that was GOING to be a barrel connector and somene said, "You know what we COULD do..." I'm only sad in that I have about a dozen obsolete Dell laptop bricks. My wife still uses her Dell, so at least they'll see SOME use. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
marcoferro
Paper Tape
Views: 5,716
Message 15 of 124

"I'd really like to try the http://minix.com.hk/en/products/neo-c-usb-c-multiport-adapter."

I confirm that above adapter works fine on YOGA 910

PhilipHendry
Punch Card
Views: 5,708
Message 16 of 124

marcoferro, I've heard that the minix adaptor would work but I've also seen reports that it runs incredibly hot and that it drains battery very quickly too. Can you confirm/deny if this is the case?

marcoferro
Paper Tape
Views: 5,689
Message 17 of 124

Sorry, but I've start to test it only yesterday. I let you know asap
matPROx
Paper Tape
Views: 5,682
Message 18 of 124

what is the higher resolution you could get in practise on this adater? i cant set more then FHD 1920x1080@60 on external display....

MCJ
Paper Tape
Views: 5,591
Message 19 of 124

I have an OWC Usb-c Dock driving mouse/keyboard, sound, ethernet, external HDD dock and a 4k LG display. 

I don't know if it's a quirk of the display or the dock, but I had to drop the laptop resolution to 1080p before extending the desktop in order for the monitor to be detected correctly. Once I did both displays set themselves to 4k and work just fine. 

90c4
Punch Card
Views: 5,542
Message 20 of 124

Has the new bios had any effect on the two USB C ports' functionality?

Not sure what to make of the last item about X1 monitor issues on the readme:

Changes in this release
  Version 2JCN35WW
[Important updates]
1. Change SMBIOS type 3.0 enclosure type from 0Ah to 1Fh, Notebook to Convertible.
2. Update EC to 2JEC33WW version.

[New]
1. Modify thermal and DPTF setting, add quiet mode.
a) Enter BIOS setup – this can be done by holding down “FN+F2” keys during system start up or pressing the Nova button when the device is shut down.
b) Go to page “Configuration” and change system performance mode to “quiet mode”, as seen in the attached picture.
c) Select “Exit saving changes” or in page “Exit” or F10, as seen in the attached picture. System will reboot.

[Problem fixes]
1. Enable “USB-Type-C Dongle Feature” for X1 monitor issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors