Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,172
Message 21 of 124

Re: Yoga 910 USB-C Adapters

I saw that, too. Makes me want to go back and try some of the devices we've discovered do not work. Just ordered a JoyNano 45W USB-C charger from Amazon. Cheapest I've seen for a 45W. I'll let you know how it goes.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Maka111
Paper Tape
Views: 4,145
Message 22 of 124

For the reference purpose. USB-C to HDMI Adapter from CableMatters SKU 8115981610 works just fine on my Yoga 910 connected to 4K. Although, I do not know how to determine whether it's 30 or 60 Hz, picture is vivid and steady.

matPROx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,120
Message 23 of 124

Hi, I'm not sure it works in fact...my USB C to HDMI adapter works on Dell XPS BUT doesnt work on Yoga910.

On XPS i can get 2160p24 on Yoga 910 only 1080p60 or...lets see attachment photo Smiley Happy 1440p30 but small picture...

0xFFFF
Paper Tape
Views: 4,100
Message 24 of 124

I verified that the Dell DA200 adapter still doesn't work with the new BIOS v 2JCN35WW released on 1/23/2017.

Too bad I run into this forum too late. I've spend in total around 40 hours trying to get my 910 Special Edition USB ports to work. Bestbuy recommended to me to buy their Insignia USB-C to HDMI adapter: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-usb-type-c-to-hdmi-adapter-white/4480802.p?skuId=4480802

The laptop recognizes it correctly but produces a flickering image on all TVs and monitors I tried. 

I ended up returning my open box Special Edition 910, and buying a new 910 non special edition. The USB stick which failed on Special Edition is recognized now by the new laptop. So I still suspect my first laptop had hardware problems.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,033
Message 25 of 124

The JoyNano 45W adapter works as advertised. The Yoga sees it and charges from it. I'll admit that the packaging was a little... amateurish, but that was stuffed in the usual bubble-wrap envelope and arrived in perfect condition. It just looked as if a 9-year-old boxed it up. Still, it works just fine and charges just fine.

Add this to the list of "will work" USB-C devices. And it's much less expensive than the Dell or HP power supplies. I may get another one. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,966
Message 26 of 124

Bit of an update to my above post about the JoyNano charger. Yeah, it'll charge the 910, but not while you're using it. Though the battery icon says "charging," the time-to-full-charge actually increased while I was using the 910. I left it plugged in to the charger overnight while the computer was in standby and it lost ground. The computer only had 10% battery the next morning. Charges ok with the computer completely off, but only keeps pace with the computer up and running. I'll keep it as it has a really small form factor and is inexpensive. It'll slow battery drain on a plane and charge the computer overnight. Goes into my travel bag. 

marcoferro
Paper Tape
Views: 3,904
Message 27 of 124

Does anyone knows if Yoga 900 ac adapter with a different USB-c cable is suitable for Yoga 910 ?

Lenovo maintenance has changed my old broken 900 with a new 910, but old ac adapter is in my hands....

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,892
Message 28 of 124

There's not a receptacle for that power supply on the 910. You'd need to dig up an adapter. And I'm not sure that would work. 

I feel your pain. I have a dozen Dell laptop power bricks sitting in a box. Luckily, the wife still has a Dell that'll use some of those. 

paulculmsee
Paper Tape
Views: 3,847
Message 29 of 124

To add to the list

I have a comsol hub https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvrH-A2quqc5i7Yxgb_yflNKrQmO6w and the USB ports work fine, but the Etherenet will only be recognised when it is plugged into the charging port, not the "all in one" port.

So you need a new category - "Half works" :-(

This is my third dongle before I discovered this thread. This is causing me a huge amount of grief and I will have to return this laptop. I've been applying BIOS updates in the hope of a better result, but to no avail.

Thanks to those who have contributed here...

Paul

PhilipHendry
Punch Card
Views: 3,831
Message 30 of 124

I've found an adaptor that works that has Ethernet, USB and HDMI output at 4k - https://goo.gl/sJFxlY. I had to change the plugged in power profile to prevent the monitors from turning off since otherwise I'd find my monitor wouldn't turn back on after going to sleep without unplugging the dongle and plugging back in. With that minor change the adaptor works perfectly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors