Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JordanB2B
Paper Tape
Views: 1,461
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 910 - USB-C Universal Dock with Single 1080p Support

Hi All,

I have been scouring through the forums to try and support my Yoga 910 and USB-C thinkpad docking station. Thanks to all of your posts, I have solved the following:

1. Docking station works but needs 2 USB-C cables, one for displaying data, one for power. For the power I used the actual lenovo charging cable because I dont want to chance trying the usb-usb-c option.

2. I can get it to work with the external monitor now

My problem now, is that despite getting the picture to work with a DisplayPort -> HDMI cable, the picture is horrible. Using applications like Outlook, the pages arent defined now. text is exceptionally fuzzy.

My laptop is configured to 4k, but the monitor is only 1080p, I am not willing to lower the resolution on the laptop, but are there other options? I run the same setup on my surfacebook and it works fine.

I really love the Yoga 910, but the docking solution is pretty poor, so I hope this is just some resolution configuration I am missing.

I am using a Dell U2414H - and with the DisplayPort cable being this:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B015OW3GJK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I noticed it only supports up to 1080p which I hoped would be ok, but is that my mistake? Is the laptop putting out a 4k feed and the cable isnt liking it? Please let me know.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,436
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 - USB-C Universal Dock with Single 1080p Support

Yeah, you need to drop the laptops resolution back until it looks better. Usually, the video card inside the laptop detects the display and adjusts accordingly. At least that's what mine does. It'll fall back to 1080p just as soon as it's connected to my 1080p display. Then, again, I'm using a USBC-to-HDMI adapter.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
JordanB2B
Paper Tape
Views: 1,385
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 - USB-C Universal Dock with Single 1080p Support

Yup, lowering the resolution works, its actually not really a resolution issue but a scaling issue. If i played with the scaling on the 4k laptop (dropping it to 100% instead of 300%) it resolved it. Unfortunately it always resets when you undock.

This dock is NOT COMPATIBLE. I actually wish i never bought the Yoga and just grabbed another carbon X1.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors