04-28-2017 05:58 PM
I'm having trouble finding a Yoga 910 compatible USB-C universal dock which will support two external monitors (in addition to the yoga's screen). I've found a few that have decent ratings, but alas they are not compatible with the 910. Can anyone help?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-29-2017 08:33 AM - edited 04-29-2017 08:34 AM
Have you asked in the existing 910 USB-C compatibility thread? I'd do that so the owners who are subscribed to that thread get an alert. There may already be an answer.
Might include what you're trying to accomplish. 3 different parts of one screen or the same screen replicated on two other displays?
04-29-2017 09:05 PM
I have 2 monitors and use onedirect with an HDMI to USB C converter, and the other with a Jcreate graphics card to a USB 3 hub where the Mouse and Keyboard also attach and then to the USB port.
05-01-2017 01:40 PM - edited 05-01-2017 01:43 PM
I think I found what I'm looking for: Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C Dock, Part No. 40A90090US. Cost is 159.00$
They told me it's compatible with the Yoga 910. I haven't tried it out yet so I can't review it for functionality etc. Will update when I've had a chance to test it out.
Thanks for the other replies!
05-09-2017 01:45 PM - edited 05-10-2017 09:00 AM
UPDATE: Lenovo's USB-C dock (Part No. 40A90090US) is basically USELESS!!
What I like: It is compatible with the Yoga 910 and able to run two external monitors, plus the laptop's screen as a third.
1) Contrary to what the Lenovo sales rep promised me, the 910 WILL NOT transmit data through the power input. So, the dock has to be hooked up to the laptop's USB-C data port, and the charger hooked up to the laptop's USB-C power port.
2) Again, contrary to what the sales rep promised me, you CANNOT turn the lap top on via the power button on the dock. You must press the power button on the laptop, WHILE the screen screen is flipped open- even if docked.
3) Once it's on, you can press the windows key+P and toggle the display to the external monitors only, and THEN close your laptop and put it off to the side and out of the way. This will still cause your external monitors to cut out for about 10 seconds, but eventually they turn back on... UNLESS you change computer's on/off settings so that closing the lid doesn't put it to sleep. I'm disappointed I have to open the laptop to turn it on while docked every time.
4) When you power up after a shut-down, it won't detect your external monitors anymore unless you unplug and reconnect the cable from the dock. At that point, you have to go through the steps I described above in #3, but any customized adjustments you may have made to your external monitors such as font size etc are lost and you have to reset them. To me, this is the dealbreaker which makes this dock useless.
5) The dock has 6 USB inputs (5 regular, 1 USB-C) which is nice, but only two of them are on the front. If you do a lot of frequent plugging and unplugging of flash drives etc., it's kind of a pain to access them in the back.
My attempts to find possible solutions to these problems through Lenovo tech support was a complete waste of time. I just kept getting bounced back and forth between the "Idea" support team, and the "Think" support team, since the 910 is an Idea device, while the dock is actually a Think device. Ask an Idea support guy about any product with the word "Think" on it (and vice versa), and they just cut you off and say "I don't know anything about that, you have to talk to Think [or Idea] support!" Eventually we all just concluded the sales rep I'd talked to didn't know what the hell he was talking about.
I'd be happy to answer other specific questions if I can but bottome line: Do not waste time or money with this dock.
05-10-2017 09:09 AM
Alas, I did buy the TP USB-C Port Replicator with the hopes of connecting two monitors to my Yoga 910.
I'm using DVI cables connected to DisplayPort adaptors, and connecting them to the two DP ports on the port replicator.
I've downloaded the drivers, the firmware update, added the data connection (USB C port on the laptop to a USB 3 connection on the replicator) and still no dice. Did you eventually come up with a solution?
01-01-2018 11:45 AM
I have purchased Part Number : 40A90090US docking station but unable to connect external monitor using HDMI(HDMI to DP port).
Can you suggest what are the possible ways to coneect the monitor using this dock.
01-09-2018 09:14 PM