Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricDush
Paper Tape
Views: 276
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 910 Wifi disconnects after about 20GB of file transfer

Whenever I transfer more than about 20GB of files over 2.4ghz or 5ghz wifi, the connection drops and won't reconnect until I reboot the laptop. None of my other laptops or my older Yoga 2 Pro exhibited this behavior.  I have an Asus RT-AC87R router with the latest firmware installed.  I am running the latest wifi driver, 12.0.0.307.  I also updated my BIOS to the latest version.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 232
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 Wifi disconnects after about 20GB of file transfer

@EricDush wrote:

Whenever I transfer more than about 20GB of files over 2.4ghz or 5ghz wifi, the connection drops and won't reconnect until I reboot the laptop. None of my other laptops or my older Yoga 2 Pro exhibited this behavior.  I have an Asus RT-AC87R router with the latest firmware installed.  I am running the latest wifi driver, 12.0.0.307.  I also updated my BIOS to the latest version.

Moving the files from where? Another computer on your home network or something through the internet?

Reason I ask is that I routinely move 6-8 GB files and haven't had that happen. Never tried anything that large, though. If I have that big of a block of files, I move them to a thumb drive and walk them over as I'm impatient. Smiley Very Happy

That said, have you tried sticking to just the 5Ghz connection? A lot of us have had issues with the Qualcomm adapter that appear to be resolved when forcing just a 5Ghz connection. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
EricDush
Paper Tape
Views: 221
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 Wifi disconnects after about 20GB of file transfer

Doctordon, thanks for replying.  I routinely move 4K video files between my desktop and laptop.  I would use USB BUT... that's a different issue I have with my Yoga.  After about 10-15 minutes of copying to a USB stick, the stick just disconnects.  I assume it's a heat issue as the stick is extremely hot to the touch.  I never had the issue with this same stick in my older Yoga 2 Pro.  This 910 has a lot of heat related problems, I think. :/

I only use a 5ghz connection normally.  When this issue comes up, I have tried using 2.4ghz to see if that makes any difference, other than transfering slower, it still drops after about 20-30 minutes of transferring.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors