Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
90c4
Punch Card
Views: 8,998
Message 1 of 10

Yoga 910 battery life 5 hours?

What type of battery life are people experiencing.  I've had mine a week and it seems that after being fully charged, I get just 4+ hours of battery life.  Right now it's showing 93% and 4:19 remaining.  Is this normal?  I do like my screen at the brightest, perhaps that's it

Guru
Views: 8,849
Message 2 of 10

Re: Yoga 910 battery life 5 hours?

There could be a number of factors to low battery life. Do you have the QHD model or the FHD model? Cranking up the brightness on a QHD display could shorten battery life. Also, check your background applications; one of them might be constantly running. To do this, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. Under background processes, see if there is any that is using a lot of CPU or memory consumption. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 8,843
Message 3 of 10

As EricX said, check background processes.

FWIW, my 910 w/UHD display @ 70%, FireFox up and the i7 CPU idling @ a few % shows 8+ hours with 80% remaining.

Full brightness would be blinding with this display.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

90c4
Punch Card
Views: 8,823
Message 4 of 10

QHD display for me.  I'm a photographer, so full brightness is necessary for me when editing photos, but I can usually find an outlet. Just curious about other people's experiences

NewEngland
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,814
Message 5 of 10

I'm having an issue also. I have had the 910 for three days. I do not have any thing downloaded onto it, nor have I saved any files. I just charged it and after 5 minutes, the battery is at 96% with 4 hrs 20 min left. I have bluetooth off and location off.

emorley
Paper Tape
Views: 7,342
Message 6 of 10

Hi, I also have this question. I just got this laptop and am having the same problem with the battery life. I have the full HD version and even with the battery saver on and brightness at 50%, I'm only getting 5 hours from the battery, even though I've been told it should be getting something close to 10 hours. Any suggestions or help is welcome, I like this computer a lot and do not want to return it.

MikeZed
Paper Tape
Views: 5,877
Message 7 of 10

I bought the 910 3 weeks ago and for a couple of weeks it gave me 8-9 hours of usage time on a 100% charge and about 5-6 hours on a 60%charge.  This was while using different applications, ranging from low power usage browsing to hi-usage games.

After i ran a windows update last week the highest battery life i can get now is 2:30 hours on a 60% charge. I'm drawn to the conclusion that this windows update did somethind to the settings that messed up battery life. Is there a way to change it back to the original settings that gave me the long batterylife?

Gbrayden
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,461
Message 8 of 10

Mine did the same thing after the update. Found out there is a out of date wlan driver that the computer wont fix itself. It would run in the background all the time pinging the proceessor at 30 percent when your doing nothing. I am sure you have noticed the fans on more and the laptop being hotter. You have to go to lonovo and manually download and install the latest driver wlan driver. 

you can open up windows task manager by clicking ctrl alt delete. Then click on processes, you should see it running taking up all the power. 

Gbrayden
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,461
Message 9 of 10

Same exact thing happened to mine. There is a out of date driver using 30 percent of the CPU at all times. Windows wouldnt find and update the driver on its own you have to go to lenovos website and find the drivers for your model of pc. Download and install the latest wlan driver. Then restart computer and see if it is till hogging the CPU power by clicking CTRL ALT DELETE and clicking on processses. 

KOPP13
Paper Tape
Views: 2,642
Message 10 of 10

I have had the Yoga 910 since May.  My battery life has always lasted days.  Suddenly within the last week the battery life is garbage. I have fully charged the laptop, let it sit closed, turned on but not running, twice I have come back to it and the battery was dead.  In the past I have done this and the battery would still be nearly full.

I'm wondering if one of the latest updates has caused this issue.  Love my Yoga for it's flexibility and not having to be plugged in all the time.  I'm using it now and the battery has died on my for the second time today. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors