cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackbird2018
Paper Tape
Views: 185
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 910 broken touchpad zif connector - out of warranty and no service provider in my country

Hello,

The touchpad on my Yoga 910 stopped working a month or two ago. After spending a lot of time on the drivers, I decided to open it up and look at the connector. Unfortunately, the tiny little zif connector from touchpad to motherboard was completely broken into pieces - and one of the pins from the motherboard itself had been torn off. Suffice to say it's not something I can fix. The laptop is out of warranty, and the service centers in my country (Japan) only deal with servers, not consumer electronics.

Any suggestions on how to get this fixed?

John

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 150
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 broken touchpad zif connector - out of warranty and no service provider in my country

Since it's out-of-warranty, I'd look to find a typical computer repair shop. I'm assuming those exist in Japan. They'd almost have to. That's assuming a little micro-soldering would fix it. You might need to order a new touchpad as I believe that cable is integrated. 

Failing that, if you have a friend or family member in the States, ship it to them and have them handle getting it serviced. If a pin has come off of the mobo and the touchpad connector, itself, is not salvagable, you're looking at a new motherboard and touchpad. 

Might be easier and cheaper to just get a BT mouse or external touchpad.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
blackbird2018
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 910 broken touchpad zif connector - out of warranty and no service provider in my country

Thanks - that's helpful. I'll take it to a repair shop and see what they say!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors