US

5070 Signins

53186 Page Views

• Views: 53186
  • Message 481 of 483

Re: Yoga 910 crazy loud fan even when CPU at <35%

2018-01-25, 14:12 PM

wrote:

Ok, so I've had my Yoga 910 for about two months now. Obviously came with the excruciating fan noise, but after doing everything suggested on this forum, I managed to pretty much remove it completely. Everything was nice and well until last night when two security updates were installed, and judging by their descriptions, they're probably the fixes for Spectre and Meltdown, so reverting them is not really an option. However, the fan noise is back and is stronger than ever. Is anyone else experiencing this as well after those updates? And any ideas on how to fix it (again)?

Note. Quiet mode is activated, CPU is maxed at 99%, Atheros WLAN Installer is uninstalled.

If your CPU is at 99%, open Task Manager and figure out what's eating it up. For me, it's always Chrome. Not Chrome, itself, but bad code on one of the web pages I have open ramps it up. Close the tab, fan settles down. In fact, as long as Windows isn't updating itself, the fan never ramps up if I don't have a browser running.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

43 Posts

07-13-2015

AF

28 Signins

175 Page Views

• Views: 175
  • Message 482 of 483

2018-07-22, 0:13 AM

so 46 pages complaints and over a year on and lenovo hide behind their desks doing notinh selling £1500+ machines   mine is the lenovo 910 16gb i7 1tb ssd......  and its so hot it could explode.....!     instead of showing off the lenovo yoga book 2 at computext jeff meredith,  get the exisiting models sorted out so customers will stay loyal and not bugger off to apple or asus...!    this is not acceptable!  or are you waiti for one to explode and rip out someones eyeballs or their testicles depeding on which way the unit explodes.....!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgz250cvP9k&t=88s    jeff meredith waking up and stop sucking up at to intel and suck up to your customers!    and get rid of the fugly bezels on that new lenovo book 2   they suck!   i saw theres an i7 512gb  in the fcc listing  interesting if there is one  probably saved for the koreans..... **bleep** not send to usa and uk ????

Options

43 Posts

07-13-2015

AF

28 Signins

175 Page Views

• Views: 175
  • Message 483 of 483

2018-07-22, 0:20 AM

so it is just a bad chinese ripp off of an apple mac.....   and lenovo doing bugger all (i wanted to say **bleep** all!)  about the fix.....!  while they do team bonding and kissing and cuddling in the stationary cupboards....!   Sort this problem out you freaks!     LENOVO = BAD CHINESE TOXIC LAPTOP........!    

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete