Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 1 of 437 (20,156 Views)

Yoga 910 crazy loud fan even when CPU at <35%

When watching Youtube on either Edge or Chrome the fan sounds like a jet engine. Even though the CPU is < 35%. I've had to limit the CPU to max out at 50% just to have the computer at a reasonable volume.

This is completely unusable. Its disturbing others in the room with me

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 437 (19,955 Views)

Re: Yoga 910 crazy loud fan even when CPU at <35%

I have the same issue with my new Lenovo yoga 910 4k screen

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 437 (19,944 Views)

This really needs to be fixed.

Punch Card
Message 4 of 437 (19,941 Views)

The fans are high pitched and audible which already sucks.... but i could understand if the CPU temperature or processor usage was high but it isn't. Right now mine is very audible at i'm at 45C on both cores according to HWInfo Sensor report and processor usage rarely is above 10%.

Its horrbile. I can't use the machine without headphones on.

No way should this laptop be used in a  business meeting room

Punch Card
Message 5 of 437 (19,924 Views)

I can confirm a clean install and updating the latest thermal drivers does not help

Does anyone have a 4K model without the high pitched fan noise? i.e. a quiest model?

Is it worth me buying another one of the same or should i look elsewhere

Blue Screen Again
Message 6 of 437 (19,842 Views)

[ Edited ]

16g ram, 4k 910 runs very loudly. The usage is below 30%.  I have tried to update the BIOS but the system said I don't need to.

There are many many complains on this and I hope someone would to solve this.

Mod's Edit: merged this post with existing discussion.

Core Memory
Message 7 of 437 (19,647 Views)

I have the same problem, however I found a workaround.

In you power plan settings -> "Change advanced power settings" -> "Processor power management" -> "Maximam processor rate", change the 100% to even 99% will prevent the fan from going full speed so aggresively. Let me know if that works for you.

Punch Card
Message 8 of 437 (19,631 Views)

Ah yes i did actually try that, you are right it isn't quite as bad but it is still too loud for a meeting room and on my one the fan sound itself has a slight high pitch to it.

Does yours have a high pitch to it? did you update to the latest drivers and bios? Lenovo just posted one 

Core Memory
Message 9 of 437 (19,628 Views)

Yes it has a high pitched noise previously if I run it at 100% (I run parallel tests for work so that happens a lot), but normal usage won't cause too loud noise. I would say pretty toleratable. Now with that tweak even full-load work of CPU won't result in the high pitched noise, so I am fine with it now.

BTW the "new" BIOS is just the same as what I got on my machine when I bought it. You can check your BIOS version by running `wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion` from cmd.

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 437 (19,284 Views)

I just bought the Yoga 910... and it's a pretty decent ultrabook.. has good battery life...

But immediately, the first thing I noticed is this FAN NOISE ISSUE. I saw there are also Yoga 910 owners who posted on Reddit and other sites with the same issue.

Lenovo: WILL YOU FIX THIS PROBLEM OR NOT?

IF you fix it.. I will keep the laptop..but if not I'm gonna have to return it to the store. So please let people know. The fan is TOO loud. Even doing small tasks like a few browser tabs open.. or a Skype call causes the fan to kick in and VERY NOISY.

Everytime I restart the computer, etc. the fan is TOO NOISY.

Hoope to read your reply soon.

Top Kudoed Authors