Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tylerlux
Paper Tape
Views: 4,902
Message 61 of 461

Re: Yoga 910 crazy loud fan even when CPU at <35%

It would help to know the following information from a minimum of three customers:

• Is this occurring on a Yoga 910 with a FHD IPS display or UHD IPS (4K) display?
  • In the Event Log -> Windows Logs -> System are there any events being reported?
    • Tons of "a corrected hardware error has occured" "component PCI express root port" - I get this warming pretty much every 2 seconds.  I have a total of 2,381 events in two days.
  • Does changing Power Settings -> Power & Sleep -> Advanced Power Settings -> from Balanced to High Performance resolve the issue? Does changing the settings one more time to Balanced resolve the fan issue for the rest of session? After resuming from sleep? After a reboot?
    • no change

-------------------

This is an amazing computer.  Very lightweight, awesome 4k screen, and beautiful construction but I am considering returning it because of this fan issue.  There really isn't anything else out that competes on every level with the 910.  I would love for a BIOS fix or a replacement fan to be released soon so I can keep this thing.  Keep us updated on what is being done.

jfarrellpa
Paper Tape
Views: 4,801
Message 62 of 461

I have UHD Yoga 910 and the fan noise is very normal to me.  Yes if I run an AV scan the fans come on but normally it is OK and have done nothing to try and "fix it".  I have minimal add on software other than Office 216, Lightroom and Photoshop.  I do have some other issues however:

1.  The 4K screen is problematic in that some programs do not scale right (meaning the fonts are reall small) and I  atrribute this to the designer of the software, but it happens in Photoshop, Nikon ViewN-i and a few others.  There is a very geeky workaround, which I have installed for Photoshop (newest update is installed) but it happens on other programs.  If I change the resolution to the 1920 X 1080 it helps a bit, but still very messing looking.

2.  I get a zillion of these errors and installing Intel's display driver, the Lenovo display driver and reinstalling the OS all seem to make no difference.  It does not seem to affect performance but would like a fix:  

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

BusSmiley Very Happyevice:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x0
Vendor IDSmiley Very Happyevice ID: 0x8086:0x9D14
Class Code: 0x30400

That is it.

toma_zu
Punch Card
Views: 4,756
Message 63 of 461

Same issue with my machine, the FHD version with I7.

The fan noise is unbearable even when I'm just using Firefox. Every few minutes it goes to it's max speed for a few seconds.

Lenovo,  I would really want you to solve this issue. Especially for me this is not an option to return it because I've bought it in the US but I don't live there.

Except thit problem, the uncomfortable location of the right Shift key and the single USB exit,  I love this laptop.

TechE
What's DOS?
Views: 4,732
Message 64 of 461

Lenovo staff: What is the result of your investigation? I'm ready to buy the 910 if the fan issue has been fixed! Overall, I like it over the new Macbook 13 but I need to know that a fixed has been issued. 

Thanks!

TechE
What's DOS?
Views: 4,732
Message 65 of 461

I agree!

renzomang
Paper Tape
Views: 4,684
Message 66 of 461

I am using the 4k UHD display

The same log:Component: PCI Express Root Port

Changing the power setting does not help

haikal
What's DOS?
Views: 3,919
Message 67 of 461

is there any solutions from Lenovo to solve this problem

because it is very annoying 

Andreasgoertz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,531
Message 68 of 461

I have the Yoga 710 IKB with the i7-7500U and i'm experiencing the exact same pain point as you guys.. If there is no fix to this, i'm going to have to return the computer, which is a shame, as it is a great product otherwise.

flinus
Paper Tape
Views: 4,531
Message 69 of 461

Have you tried the Note Book Fan Control? Worked for me and now it is a great laptop
Andreasgoertz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,528
Message 70 of 461

Yes i have thanks. It's vastly improved, however, it's still too loud for me. 

The fan is quite noticeable while typing this. I have only a few tabs open(Google Chrome) and the CPU has a temperature of 38 C.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors