12-01-2016 03:27 PM
It would help to know the following information from a minimum of three customers:
- Is this occurring on a Yoga 910 with a FHD IPS display or UHD IPS (4K) display?
- In the Event Log -> Windows Logs -> System are there any events being reported?
- Tons of "a corrected hardware error has occured" "component PCI express root port" - I get this warming pretty much every 2 seconds. I have a total of 2,381 events in two days.
- Does changing Power Settings -> Power & Sleep -> Advanced Power Settings -> from Balanced to High Performance resolve the issue? Does changing the settings one more time to Balanced resolve the fan issue for the rest of session? After resuming from sleep? After a reboot?
- no change
This is an amazing computer. Very lightweight, awesome 4k screen, and beautiful construction but I am considering returning it because of this fan issue. There really isn't anything else out that competes on every level with the 910. I would love for a BIOS fix or a replacement fan to be released soon so I can keep this thing. Keep us updated on what is being done.
12-02-2016 10:15 AM
I have UHD Yoga 910 and the fan noise is very normal to me. Yes if I run an AV scan the fans come on but normally it is OK and have done nothing to try and "fix it". I have minimal add on software other than Office 216, Lightroom and Photoshop. I do have some other issues however:
1. The 4K screen is problematic in that some programs do not scale right (meaning the fonts are reall small) and I atrribute this to the designer of the software, but it happens in Photoshop, Nikon ViewN-i and a few others. There is a very geeky workaround, which I have installed for Photoshop (newest update is installed) but it happens on other programs. If I change the resolution to the 1920 X 1080 it helps a bit, but still very messing looking.
2. I get a zillion of these errors and installing Intel's display driver, the Lenovo display driver and reinstalling the OS all seem to make no difference. It does not seem to affect performance but would like a fix:
A corrected hardware error has occurred.
Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)
Vendor IDevice ID: 0x8086:0x9D14
Class Code: 0x30400
That is it.
12-02-2016 04:25 PM
Same issue with my machine, the FHD version with I7.
The fan noise is unbearable even when I'm just using Firefox. Every few minutes it goes to it's max speed for a few seconds.
Lenovo, I would really want you to solve this issue. Especially for me this is not an option to return it because I've bought it in the US but I don't live there.
Except thit problem, the uncomfortable location of the right Shift key and the single USB exit, I love this laptop.
12-02-2016 05:04 PM
Lenovo staff: What is the result of your investigation? I'm ready to buy the 910 if the fan issue has been fixed! Overall, I like it over the new Macbook 13 but I need to know that a fixed has been issued.
12-04-2016 11:47 AM
I have the Yoga 710 IKB with the i7-7500U and i'm experiencing the exact same pain point as you guys.. If there is no fix to this, i'm going to have to return the computer, which is a shame, as it is a great product otherwise.
12-04-2016 12:00 PM
Yes i have thanks. It's vastly improved, however, it's still too loud for me.
The fan is quite noticeable while typing this. I have only a few tabs open(Google Chrome) and the CPU has a temperature of 38 C.