Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wuyuanyi
Paper Tape
Views: 912
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 910 'delete' key has longer repeat delay and slower rate

Hello all. I have been annoying with the DIFFERENT key repeating delay and slow repeating rate of the DELETE key on my Yoga 910. I have disabled all the accessibility settings (filter keys, sticky keys, etc.).

My keyboard setting is in this picture

settings.png

It seems like, every keystroke except 'DELETE' will have 0.5 sec delay before repeating, while 'DELETE' key will always have 1 sec delay, regardless what the repeat delay is.

I wonder why the 'DELETE' key behaves differently from the other keys. How can I make DELETE key consistent with the others?

I have uploaded a video. You will find the input key and backspace are fast and the delay is shorter than delete.

godowsky
Paper Tape
Views: 652
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 910 'delete' key has longer repeat delay and slower rate

Hello, same problem here. DELETE KEY (CANC on my european keyboard) is taking some time when pressed. It is the only slow key. Please Lenovo fix it!

wuyuanyi
Paper Tape
Views: 645
Message 3 of 6

I am supurised that only one person suggests the similar problem so long after posted. I wonder whether this is a particular case but not common? Anyone else can confirm the similar things here?

godowsky
Paper Tape
Views: 616
Message 4 of 6

I guess all 910s are affected. We are using it much more than others and so for us the delay is noticeable.
Lenovo must answer back.

wuyuanyi
Paper Tape
Views: 605
Message 5 of 6

Totally agree. This ridiculous configuration has drastically slowed down my pace when coding. Lenovo please give your response about this issue.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 547
Message 6 of 6

@godowsky wrote:

I guess all 910s are affected. We are using it much more than others and so for us the delay is noticeable.

FWIW...

I'd never noticed anything that affects my work.. I'm a writer, not a coder, however. But once I saw this post, I decided to have a look. Yes, the repeat on delete appears to begin a tiny fraction of a second later than the repeat on any random letter or number. I seriously had to test it many times to make sure. There is no difference when using a wireless external keyboard to my eyes. 

That said, you seem to be experiencing a much bigger delay than I am. On my 910, the difference is so very slight, were it not for this thread and a lot of testing with many rows of letters and numbers, I'd never have noticed. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors