Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
synaptotroph
Paper Tape
Views: 1,815
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 910 external displays

I have tried four different USB-C to HDMI adapters (Insignia, trendNET, Anker, CableCreations), each with various monitors (mainly projector systems -- which work with everyone else's computers and dongles -- but also with a television) and the Lenovo Yoga 910 is unable to interface with any of them. Yes, I am plugging into the correct USB-C port (although I've obviously tried the charging port each time just in case). There seems to be some type of acknowledgement; the computer and monitor both can "see" that something is plugged in, but are unable to communicate. I've also tried manually adjusting the resolution each time, again with no success. The display panel always states that no other display is detected.

I purchased this notebook about a year ago for the specific purpose of making and giving presentations (I am a PhD student) and as of yet have been unable to use it for a single presentation. Please help.

Note: I have checked the forums. These two threads discuss, but do not solve, the problem.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,769
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 910 external displays

Hello and welcome,

FWIW I just tried this with my 910 and a Cable Matters dongle.  Works in the forward USB-C port but in the rear charging port it detects that something is plugged in but no display.

It's this one.  Of course I don't know for sure that it will work for you.  It is working for me in this very quick test.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X4S5C7G

[edit] Just fully updated via WU and Companion.  It's still Win 10 Home 1703 and still works.  This is to a TV - the only HDMI target I have handy just now.

[more edit] Just tried an Acer 1920x1080 monitor.  Works.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

1Gabor
Paper Tape
Views: 1,640
Message 3 of 7

HI, 

I ve bought an USB HDMI adapter 

http://www.delock.de/produkte/G_65680/merkmale.html

it could not be recognized

however no driver needed (acording to spec) / attached / found 

not working 

anyone have some idea what is the problem? or may have any advice? 

THX !!! Smiley Surprised)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,638
Message 4 of 7

As best I can tell, that's not an HDMI adapter.  It's an MHL adapter. Not familiar with that protocol but it seems to require an MHL-compatible display and possibly an MHL-compatible source.

From your link:

"This adapter by Delock is used to convert a passive MHL cable into a USB cable... Not suitable for connection with standard HDMI cables."

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

jogui
What's DOS?
Views: 1,582
Message 5 of 7

Hi,
I am new on this (posting in forums) so I don't know if I am doing it in the right place Smiley Happy
I just purchased a BenQ SW271 monitor and succesfully connected it to my Yoga 910 via the type C port. As my other ports are occupied, my drives now need to be connected somewhere so I can still see my information. The monitor has several ports including 2 usb. I tried connecting my hard drives there but I can't map them into my yoga 910. My question is:
- if my ports are all used, would the Yoga 910 be able to recognise/see the drives that I connect to the monitor?
Many thanks.
synaptotroph
Paper Tape
Views: 1,475
Message 6 of 7

Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm really tired of borrowing random laptops to give work presentations :\

EDIT: There is an extensive thread regarding this SAME issue in the Yoga 920. The issue was solved -- it was a firmware issue, as I have been insisting to the inept Lenovo tech support since the beginning. So now there is a firmware update for the yoga 920, but it's not compatible with the 910. AND there is no firmware update to correct the problem in the 910. **bleep**, Lenovo?!

knopper1
Paper Tape
Views: 895
Message 7 of 7

This is ridiculous! I'm having the same issue with Lenovo's USB-C to HDMI Adapter. Maybe we can revert our laptops to older software? Back when it used to work?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors