Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SomeoneHere
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,997
Message 71 of 83

Re: Yoga 910 frequent stutter/hang, especially with Chrome browsing

Thanks for apporting your findings, ELabOr8. Will give it a try to see if it minimises the freezes.

In any case, this is a non-solved issue still, as the problem remains within the subpar driver that Lenovo made. How difficult would it be for Lenovo to stop meddling around with our computers and let us use the well optimised Intel driver.

Reaching Lenovo, either on public spaces like Twitter, is useless. Because they're useless.

gazocar
Paper Tape
Views: 1,907
Message 72 of 83

Thank for your post. I installed the new video driver from Intel website and laptop is running well now.

I am very disappointed with Lenovo. I paid almost $ 2000 USD for this laptop and I never expected this kind of trouble.

Lenovo online service sucks... I am planning to open a website to show those expensive laptops from Lenovo don't worth the money.

SomeoneHere
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,902
Message 73 of 83

Could you paste a direct link of the driver you installed? I'd like to give it a try it. Unforfunately, nothing I've tried have worked.

I think we all here agree, these laptops do not worth the money. I'm feeling stigmatized by using the computer, as in if you multitask you won't get anything. My 8 years old desktop can do everything this laptop can't. And specs-wise, it's a fraction.

gazocar
Paper Tape
Views: 1,867
Message 74 of 83

These are the step to update the video driver available on the Intel website (new driver version on intel website: 15.65.4.4944; on the laptop will appear 23.20.16.4944):

1. Download the zip video driver from the following link and unzip the folder in your local driver.
2.  Into the "device manager window", Go to "display adapter" and click on the right mouse button in Intel(R) HD Graphic 620, then click on "properties".
3.  Go to "driver update" and click at the option "browse my computer for driver software" and then click on " let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" and click "have a disk"
4.  Browse to the directory where you unzipped the file you downloaded, click the "Graphics" folder, and select the "Kit126731.inf" file. Click "Open" and then click "OK"
5. Click on "next" and "finish".

6. Reboot your laptop.

The laptop has not been lagging and stuttering for the last hour but the fans are still a little noisy.
Cheers.

Capture.PNG

SomeoneHere
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,859
Message 75 of 83

Cool, I've just give it a try. Will post an update if the issues shuttering issues continue.

Also, one note for anyone trying to: the name of the file changes depending on the version of the driver. The one gazocar linked (16.65) is Kit126731.inf. But for this test I installed 16.60 which is the one mentioned.

gazocar
Paper Tape
Views: 1,847
Message 76 of 83

Thanks, I just updated the mini tutorial with the last driver version. I don't have issue for thee past hours.
tolaiso
Paper Tape
Views: 966
Message 77 of 83

Hi, I'm having the exact problems that you described with my 910. Lenovo is **bleep**. I've updated the intel driver about a month ago, as gazocar suggested. No problems for 2 weeks but than the same hangs began all over again. How did the driver update help you? Any hangs so far?
gazocar
Paper Tape
Views: 932
Message 78 of 83

I still have the same problem. The solution described in past post worked for around two months, but the issue has come back again. Did you find any solution? I have the issue when I am using office now, maybe the problem is related with window. I hope to find a solution because this piece of garbage cost a lot of money. I am very disappointment with Lenovo. I should have bought  a mac.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 923
Message 79 of 83

I'd check to see if something else is hogging resources using Task Manager. I haven't had any further issues on my 910 except for 4k videos, which still need Edge to look smooth. Office 2013 runs well. The only hangs I get are when it can't see a drive on my network.. usually when it hasn't spun up, yet. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
gazocar
Paper Tape
Views: 898
Message 80 of 83

I did several things to solve this problem:

1. Clean Temp files from window
2. Increase Virtual Memory, follow this instruction.
3. I stopped automatically update in Windows 10.
3. Update Qualcomm Atheros network Adapter into the device manager panel. New driver date 2017-07-28
4. Uninstall Display Adapter > Driver> Uninstall Device. New driver date 2018-02-04.

The bios version: 2JCN39WW and system performance mode "Quit Mode."

I have been using the laptop for the last hour without any problem..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors