Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thewmo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,669
Message 11 of 83

Re: Yoga 910 frequent stutter/hang, especially with Chrome browsing

Brilliant recap! Yes that precisely mirrors my experience, with the exception that I've been experiencing the problem at least since the handful of drivers and BIOS that were released it mid-late December.

For me it actually seems *more* likely to happen when the computer has sat idle for a while and I return to it, and then try to do something that taxes the video (Chrome browsing/scrolling, but I've seen it also when engaging parts of the Windows 10 UI that do compositing/blur/etc.). Some interaction between a low-power CPU mode and the Intel HD Graphics, maybe?

Such a shame they can't get the software/drivers sorted out, because the hardware on this machine is lovely.

lucky93
Punch Card
Views: 2,665
Message 12 of 83

To downgrade your bios back to an earlier version you have to enter the bios setting by clicking the Novo button which is on the side of your computer. The computer must be turned off to click the button. Then once your in the bios setting, click on configuration then enable bios downgrade option. Then save change and exit. This is the bios version that is installed on my Lenovo yoga 910 https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/2jcn34ww.exe 

The new one is 2jcn35ww which had issues for me like the computer being very slow and fans constantly running. But this bios version which was originally installed on my computer and which I now have has not given me any issues and the computer works super fast and the fans no longer come on even while using google chrome which I use all the time. Google chrome no longer lags or freezes either nor does the computer for that matter. Everything boots up in 1 second without any stutters.

UpIsNowDown
What's DOS?
Views: 2,639
Message 13 of 83

I have the same problem as the original poster.  

curdog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,628
Message 14 of 83

Last night I rolled back to BIOS version 2jcn34ww per lucky93's suggestion and haven't had any stuttering yet. I'm crossing my fingers, but time will tell.

lucky93, thanks for the advice and link. Didn't know it was even possible to revert to an older version.
lucky93
Punch Card
Views: 2,621
Message 15 of 83

Your very welcome. Im glad I could help.

byoram
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,598
Message 16 of 83

Interesting... for me the experience was exactly the opposite. For the past few days I have been using FF as I noticed my freezes normally occur when I use Chrome. Switching to FF while still on Bios 35 made this problem go away. Fans are somewhat noticeable when I am on High Performance, but totally quite when on Balanced Mode. 

DirtBagClimber
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,526
Message 17 of 83

I have this same problem. Bought my Yoga 910 around December of 2016. Seems to work fine for a month or so then the freezing started happening. Chrome seems to bring my system to it's knees periodically throughout the day. Firefox seems to work a bit better but still will lag. I updated to BIOS 35. I switched the power plan to high performance. I disabled chrome's hardware acceleration. Nothing seems to solve the problem.

lucky93
Punch Card
Views: 2,521
Message 18 of 83

Downgrade back to 34. Thats is what I have and I am using chrome perfectly fine. 

thewmo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,501
Message 19 of 83

I'd like to suggest that everyone that has experienced this problem post here their full model information (including MTM - machine type model - can be found in tiny printing on the bottom of the computer by the hinge). I'm wondering if there's any correlations. I'll start:

910-13IKB Model Name: 80VF MTM: 80VF007TUS (4k screen, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD)

DirtBagClimber
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,496
Message 20 of 83

Yeah i have the exact same model.

Lenovo YOGA 910-13IKB

Model Name: 80VF

MTM:80VF007TUS

4k screen 16gb ram and the 512gb solid state drive.

I guess I will try downgrading to BIOS 34. I had assumed that was what came with the system already.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors