Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toddaven
Paper Tape
Views: 1,455
Message 41 of 83

Re: Yoga 910 frequent stutter/hang, especially with Chrome browsing

In Device Manager, right click on Intel HD Graphics 620 (in Display Adapters) and select "Update driver software..."

I chose the option to "Search automatically for updated driver software" and it just worked.

scmabozd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,430
Message 42 of 83

So what version of the driver doesn't make any trouble? I have the 21.20.16.4550 and it still hangs( not just with Chrome but also with Firefox, IE and Edge).

I see on the webpage of Intel that a new driver  21.20.16.4590  (Intel driver version: 15.45.14.4590) is available, but i can't install it. It says, that my driver is customized by Lenovo.

By right click on Intel HD Graphics 620 and click on "Update driver software" (automatically) in the device manager i get a message saying that the already installed driver is the newest.

techvslife
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,404
Message 43 of 83

I have driver 21.20.16.4550 and my lenovo 910 is still freezing all the time.  fwiw, unplugging and replugging the mouse briefly unfreezes (for a minute or two), which may be enough to save or submit a form.  Will have to return it for a refund if Lenovo can't fix this soon.  

(as a last resort, you can force the newer intel driver to install by uninstalling the video driver already installed:

"You can work around the error by first uninstalling the manufacturer's driver, then installing the Intel® Graphics Driver. However, you risk losing functionality or causing other technical issues.")

scmabozd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,343
Message 44 of 83

Hey, Lenovo Team, why don't you say something about this issue. If I know the problem can be solved in 1-2 months I would keep the Yoga 910. Otherwise I would return it, because it's not worth the effort to try to solve the issue myself.

I thinkt I am not the only one who thinks that way, so if I were you I would come out with statement.

DirtBagClimber
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,252
Message 45 of 83

So I got my laptop back. They apparently had to replace the motherboard. However the issues of freezing still persist with chrome. I understand this forum is not exactly monitored by the lenovo dev team so how would we go about alerting them of this issue? I'm not really sure what else to do now.

scmabozd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,246
Message 46 of 83

Have you tried to install all the updates. After updating the system it works better and the freezing happens rarely (one or two times over the last week).

Although, the question stays how to alert Lenovo .

thewmo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,130
Message 47 of 83

Has anybody tried out the new driver updates available on Lenovo's support site? There's a BIOS 36 and a new video driver both, looks like.

Tumn1s
Punch Card
Views: 1,094
Message 48 of 83

I've tried them, neither update resolve the issue. I updated the video driver with the one from Intel's site (ver 4627) and I've noticed the laptop gets much hotter and the fans run more often, but it seems to hang less.

I'm running the 8GB 256GB FHD version btw. Seems to affect every model.

---------------------------------------------------
Creative Director - Spaceship Creative, a Charlotte Web Design Company
DirtBagClimber
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,084
Message 49 of 83

I upgraded to BIOS 36, installed the latest graphics driver release and turned off hardware acceleration in chrome. It still seems to hang for a few seconds here and there but has not froze up completely like it was doing before. 

Tumn1s
Punch Card
Views: 1,037
Message 50 of 83

It seems like force updating my video drivers to use the intel version has actually worked! 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26669/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?v=...

It will say that your machine is not compatible because it needs a manufacturer specific driver, nonsense. Extract the contents of the EXE and go into the device manager and update the driver there. Don't let windows search for the correct driver. Select "have disk" and then navigate to the driver files you extracted. Working like a charm for me.  

---------------------------------------------------
Creative Director - Spaceship Creative, a Charlotte Web Design Company

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors