Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chinmaydh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,553
Message 51 of 83

Re: Yoga 910 frequent stutter/hang, especially with Chrome browsing

Tumn1s, I think you actually solved it Smiley Very Happy

I have been doing every step of troubleshooting I could because I was certain that Lenovo Service center wouldn't be able to solve it! (They have never been useful in the past)

I hope I didn't speak too soon!

samgl21
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,514
Message 52 of 83

I'm having the same problems. And i've just bought it 3 days ago!! It is unbeliveable. This laptop is REALLY expensive, but it does not work well, at all. My Sony VAIO from 2012 is performing way better and it's 5 years old!!!!

rpomygal
Punch Card
Views: 1,486
Message 53 of 83

@Tumn1s wrote:

It seems like force updating my video drivers to use the intel version has actually worked! 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26669/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?v=...

It will say that your machine is not compatible because it needs a manufacturer specific driver, nonsense. Extract the contents of the EXE and go into the device manager and update the driver there. Don't let windows search for the correct driver. Select "have disk" and then navigate to the driver files you extracted. Working like a charm for me.  

It wasn't the video driver for me. I was getting the mouse studdering too and everything was up to date, includlng the bios. The problem was with the external USB hub I was using. It's an Anker that got great reviews. With the USB mouse in the hub I got the studdering. With the mouse directly in the machine's USB port, no studdering at all. I used it without the hub for several days without a problem. Last night, I saw your post above about the video drivers direct from Intel. I treid the hub again, back to studdering. So for me, I have to keep the mouse in the USB port. I never got freezing or any other issues with this machine so it's been great otherwise. The only issue with this laptop is the terrible port options. WIth the single type-c  port for power, the other type-c the only one you can use for external video, you're left with one USB port. Seriously, Levono??? Just a poorly thought out design on Levono's part.

TezenJ
What's DOS?
Views: 1,440
Message 54 of 83

Has anyone actually called tech support and pointed them to this forum post, and stated to them the biggest issues occur when bios 34 and up is installed most these problems occur? The biggest annoyance is windows 10 auto attempting to install the bios flash, so I needed to hide the update.

byoram
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,427
Message 55 of 83

While some of us still experience issues, from the declining number of postings it is probably safe to assume that:

-BIOS36 does decent job

-Latest VGA drivers posted reduce to eliminated the Chrome and other issues

-Uninstalling (yes, I still do that) the WIFI installer and driver quites down the laptop

All of the above made my laptop pleasant to use, with no fan/chrome/freezes issues experienced any longer 

DirtBagClimber
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,363
Message 56 of 83

I thought the intel driver update did the trick but the laptop is still freezing in chrome. I am running BIOS 36. It is better than what it was but the freezing in chrome still occurs. Sometimes it will be for 30 to 90 seconds other times for 3 minutes or more. What sucks is how inconsistance it is therefore making it difficult to diagnose. It does not happen everyday but does happen just enough to be inconvenient. At this point I am just hoping for an update of some kind to fix it.

ssharpeh
What's DOS?
Views: 1,043
Message 57 of 83

I manually installed the intel driver HD Grpahics 620 22.20.16.4729 and things seem good so far. I had turned off hardware acceleration in chrome but reenabled it with the new driver.

Only a couple days usage so far but so far so good.

DagoBorda
Fanfold Paper
Views: 791
Message 58 of 83

How is it going for you? I have the issue, but it is not very often. Once or twice a day. It is still a pain in the ... when it happens, but If there are other problems that could happen changing the graphics driver, I would hold back and wait for an update.

Thank you for your answer! Smiley Happy

DagoBorda
Fanfold Paper
Views: 668
Message 59 of 83

Hi!

I have an update with this issue. I have found that when chrome freezes, if you open the task manager, sometimes it helps to unfreeze it, but it keeps freezing until you restart the computer. However, I have seen that the "System" process is having a high cpu usage. So when I right click over the System process in the task manager, and choose the option "Open file location" it shows "ntoskrnl.exe". It seems that that process is causing some general lag problems in windows 10. I have followed some guides on how to stop it to freeze the pc but none have worked. 

I wanted to update this thread with this so maybe it shows a new path to solve the issue.

bye!

slow-yoga-pro3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 644
Message 60 of 83

$1800 LAPTOP AND IT DOES THIS, IM SO PISSED OFF....!!!   YOU CLOWNS BETTER SORT THIS OUT AND FAST!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors