Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
courtney-miles
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,071
Message 11 of 21

Re: Yoga 910 function key switch

For Linux users, something I did not realise is that changing this setting in Windows will carry through to Linux.

I had assumed this utility was applying a software effect in Windows.  

So if you are dual-booting, you are in luck.  Boot into Windows, change the setting, then shutdown and boot up Linux.

If you are not dual-booting, then let's hope that Lenovo come through with their offer to release a bios update for Linux users.

mideal2
Punch Card
Views: 2,061
Message 12 of 21

Unhappily (or not) I tried three times to set up a dual boot environment, while the results where negative (no grub at boot, only Windows boot).
I killed the Windows setup accidentially and will not be able to reinstall it - in the end, I don't have any need for Windows, and I'm still quite upset how there may be a EULA at startup where you don't have an option to decline this agreement. (Following German laws my agreement is legally without any consequences as I hadn't any choice I had to boot to get access to a manual.)
I would be surprised if Lenovo should not be able to spread a simple Linux program to fix this if they are able to write one for Windows.
It would be much more convenient if they'd simple provide information what has to be changed instead of saying "keeping this setup in BIOS would generate logical problems".

Edit: (typo done/don't)

Simply, this is not solved at all.

Thank God there is none.
mideal2
Punch Card
Views: 2,022
Message 13 of 21

Within Mint 18.1 at least the annoying F5 behaviour kann be changed using dconf-editor, but that's not possible for all f-keys.

Thank God there is none.
Paulh52
What's DOS?
Views: 1,882
Message 14 of 21

Brand new Yoga 910 with bios 2JCN34WW but Lenovo settings has no ability to access the function keys. I searched in Lenovo settings but it is not found. I asked Tech support who curtly informed me it cannot be changed and that I need to go into each of my 20 some programs I use regularly (including Excel and Word) and re map each function key in each program to match the Lenovo function key.
Surely there is a better solution!??!
dop2000
Paper Tape
Views: 1,850
Message 15 of 21

I updated BIOS to version 2JCN36WW and Lenovo Settings app to v. 3.155.0.0  but there is still no option to disable function keys.

Please help me to fix these keys, they are driving me crazy!

dop2000
Paper Tape
Views: 1,830
Message 16 of 21

Spent several hours and finally found a working combination of BIOS (2JCN34WW) and Lenovo Settings app (3.155.0.0) and managed to disable these stupid keys.

Seriously, Lenovo, why are you making things so difficult?

Veisbergs
What's DOS?
Views: 1,746
Message 17 of 21

I'm also trying to find a combination of BIOS/lenovo settings that will work. How did you install a back-dated version of the lenovo settings app? The only way I can install it is by going through the microsoft store and that doesn't give me an option to choose a version. 

Just bought my machine today and was so happy with it until I realised it had this stupid issue.

isidroco
Paper Tape
Views: 1,192
Message 18 of 21

Incredible, there's no way to restore Function keys with current bios 2JCN39WW and Lenovo Settings v3.169.0.0

Everything are annoyances nowadays (ie: windows 10), but Lenovo is not making it any better, won't buy / recomend to my customers Lenovo anymore. It's extremely important to use Function keys and to have all keyboards configured the same way. Shame on you Lenovo.

DagoBorda
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,098
Message 19 of 21

Same problem here. One day the option was there in the Lenovo Settings App. Next day, the option is gone and I have not been able to recover it. 

I see in the thread that the problem has been intermitent since 2015. I don't understand why is there so much unstability on that feature.

I have Lenovo Settings version 3.175.0.0. And BIOS 2JCN39WW. 

Lenovo Settings.PNG

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,089
Message 20 of 21

Please see: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-910-how-to-swap-FN-function-keys-to-j...

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors