Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bachagas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,111
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 910 missing multimedia play/pause, next and previous track control keys

Hi,

I have a YOGA 910 (4k, 16gb, 512 gb ssd) and was not able to use multimedia control keys with programs such the Windows Groove Music, iTunes or any other. The machine actually doesn't have multimedia control keys for pause/play, next and previous track (only for volume and mute control), which is kind of sad for a high end machine, but you still should be able to use with "alternative solutions".

I tried two things:

1) bought a Lenovo Yoga Mouse, which is awesome (btw) and transforms itself in a multimedia remote controller --> however, the pause/play, next and previous track buttons don't work (only the volume buttons);

2) used a software solution like AutoHotKey to create my own shortcuts for these keys (or Sharpkeys, if you like, but I didn't try it...): I created some shortcuts mapped to the Windows commands pretty much like described here.

I tried both solutions and they didn't work, what made me believe that this is a problem with the machine itself...

Is anybody facing this issue?

Will any BIOS update in the roadmap fix that? (Note: my BIOS is updated to the latest version 2JCN35WW up to 2/16/2017)

Thanks,

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,038
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 910 missing multimedia play/pause, next and previous track control keys

Since it's a touchscreen computer, I never thought to look for those buttons on the keyboard. I generally just touch the on-screen "buttons." Then, again, I don't use the programs you do. The ones I run all have skip, FF, RW and all that on the screen. VLC also has its own keymapping. n=next, p=previous, etc. All of the media programs I use will also pause/play with the spacebar. For music, I use Amazon Prime and I've never even thought to try controlling it from the keyboard. 

Hope this helps.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,028
Message 3 of 4

Re: Yoga 910 missing multimedia play/pause, next and previous track control keys

@bachagas wrote:

I tried two things:

1) bought a Lenovo Yoga Mouse, which is awesome (btw) and transforms itself in a multimedia remote controller --> however, the pause/play, next and previous track buttons don't work (only the volume buttons);

Well, I just connected my Yoga mouse to my 910, and the Play/Pause, Next and Previous buttons on the mouse work just fine here. There must be something wrong with your setup, but I'm afraid I don't know what it might be.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

bachagas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,011
Message 4 of 4

Yeah, you are right, everything is working now Smiley Happy

Don't know exactly when it started to work, if it was after BIOS update, but right now both Yoga mouse remote controls and AHK script work great :-D

Thank you for making me test it again!

Regards,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors