Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cracken
Paper Tape
Views: 13,461
Message 1 of 24

Yoga 910 plugged in not charging

Hello,

I have bought 910 and reinstall with fresh 1803. I have upgrade bios to latest and installed all drivers from support page.

using OEM charger and using proper port for charging (rear). Also device is ok with charger because i can charge tablet when it is turn off. Even in bios it is charging, so i know that there are problem with drivers in windows.

Scenario is like this:

1. If i boot with charger pluged in 

• i have exclamation mark in device manager (I2C HID Device) - last pic
  • It says that is is charging but after minute of charging battery indicator stops, (still says charging - but it does not). 2 nd pic
  • After removing charger and plugin again says only plugged in NOT CHARGING. 1st pic.

lenovop1-2.PNGlenovop1-1.PNGlenovop1.PNG

2. If i plug in charger after boot i have:

• no exclamation mark in device manager
  • rest is same as above example.

I tried all drivers (which are kind very OLD) , tried Lenovo Vintage (ussless), tried drivers from 920 .. same. Three times i have reinstalled windows even with generic microsoft drivers, it does NOT CHARGE.

Also there is annoying screen flickering which i sloved by manually add driver from 920. (not completly still shows sometimes.)

will try linux and if that will not work, i am going to return this expensive toy. Funny that i wanted to buy X1 Carbon soon... lol 

guessing that problem is in Windows changing from ver to ver. and Lenovo, who does not update neither drivers or bios. Sad....

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 13,427
Message 2 of 24

Re: Yoga 910 plugged in not charging

Trouble with fresh installs is that they usually wipe out various machine-specific tweaks and drivers manufacturers use. There's a user with a similar issue. He also did a fresh install without replacing Lenovo software. I'm waiting to see what happens when he reinstalls the 910-specific drivers and stuff. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Cracken
Paper Tape
Views: 13,422
Message 3 of 24

Thank you for your reply. Yes i am aware that this could be case here ,but it should not be.  Currently for model 910, most drivers with Bios is one year old or even more. In one year there are 4 Windows 10 Version upgrades. As you can see model 920 got new updates with USB Type C Firmware. 

I have downloaded Recovery media from lenovo so i will try orginal and then upgrade to 1803, but i still think that bios and drivers updates should be at least 2 times per year. . Will update..

Edit: i am following similar issue. (THX)

Cracken
Paper Tape
Views: 13,408
Message 4 of 24

I have downloaded stock Recovery Image, installed it on USB, and setup Recovery. It is 1703 Version full of bloatware and it took about 2 hours to install. I can confirm that it Does NOT work ether in orginal Lenovo Windows 10 Home edition. It will not charge in Windows. 

Have tried and disable conservation mode.. nothing. 

updating now atm, but i do not believe, it will change something.

Is there any Firmware Update for USB C Type  on Yoga 910? 

Cracken
Paper Tape
Views: 13,477
Message 5 of 24

Manage to solve this.... I reenabled option in bios to flash older ver. so i flashed latest (again). After that everything seems to be normal, although I am thinking best solution would be firmware update for USB C like model 920 have.

Regards,

Luka 

Ssyoga
What's DOS?
Views: 13,095
Message 6 of 24

Can you provide more detail for someone who is not all that technical. thanks.

JGNB
What's DOS?
Views: 12,402
Message 7 of 24

I am having similar problem. The computer is not charging. Gave to a PC repair shop and after initial diagnstic found that the power cord and the power port are bad. Did not do any repair in that shop but bought a new power cord, the computer is working, but the battery is not charging. The amber LED light is blinking even though charged for 4-5 hours.

What could be the problem? Do not know if the repair shop changed anything in the computer(was there for 36 hrs).

macstibs
Paper Tape
Views: 10,036
Message 8 of 24

The power circuititry that connects to the usb-c port fails.  Not sure why or how, but that's what happened to me.

IsaacM
What's DOS?
Views: 9,717
Message 9 of 24

Did you replace the charging circuit yourself?  happen to have a part number?

macstibs
Paper Tape
Views: 9,714
Message 10 of 24

Lenovo TYPE C BOARD L80VF W/CABLESILVER C0 5C50M35042

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors