Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rain_Gwenneth
What's DOS?
Views: 1,745
Message 11 of 28

Re: Yoga 910 plugged in not charging

Mine had the same problem (ideapad 330s). I enabled CONSERVATION MODE. And as it notes there in Lenovo Vantage, the Conservation Mode will only let the battery be charged to 55-60%. So the solution was to DISABLE conservation mode. I hope this helps.

Alex2019
What's DOS?
Views: 1,256
Message 12 of 28

In my case, i had to tighten the cable on the USB Type C small board. I fixed it with normal transparent tape.

TiberiousCaesar
What's DOS?
Views: 1,045
Message 13 of 28

I had the very same issues which started to occur after I last updated.  My solution was that I needed to disconnect the power chords from the outlet to dissipate the electrical charge in it for several hours and then it would charge again. Rinse and repeat.  I also tried other power cables but the same result.  It's a bummer but it is what it is and now you and I are stuck with this behavior.  On a side note, this started happening over 2 years ago and could not find a thing to resolve it but now I am glad to see I am not the only one with this issue.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

rka10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 862
Message 14 of 28

I have had a Lenovo Yoga 910 for two years, It started having problems when I did a windows 10 update in December 2018. There have been several windows 10 updates since then but the computer continues to not charge correctly and to lose power rapidly. I used to be able to work on it for 8 hours straight and then charge it overnight. Now it will not charge consistently. I have changed the charger, update the bios, taken the battery out and installed it again, did hard resets, updated all drivers and have researched the software. There was an issue with a Wlan file that was causing a Todo file that was using 30 percent of the CPU power. I have uninstalled that file. I am not sure how to proceed. I am ready to wipe the computer clean but am hoping there is another fix. I think the issue is around the usb charging port. The computer diagnostic that I have done on the Lenovo website show the battery good and no other issues. I have looked on the Microsoft website for answers as well. Has anyone else had this issue?  Our local geek squad does not have a good rep and I do not want to take it to them. I am ready to throw it in the trash and buy a less expensive computer. I have had Lenovo computers and worked on them for over 30 years and this is the first time I have not been able to correct an issue. Hope someone has and fix.

MOD: Unrelated quote removed

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 841
Message 15 of 28

@rka10 wrote:

There was an issue with a Wlan file that was causing a Todo file that was using 30 percent of the CPU power. I have uninstalled that file.

This is the sentence that troubles me. The Windows Fall 2018 update did a lot of nasty things. Primarily among them was a stuck installation PROGRAM. The solve for the stuck TODO entry in Task Manager was to remove the Qualcomm Installer program from the add/remove programs app. Removing a single file may not have solved that issue. 

For my 910, that same update failed to return a number of registery permissions to the SYSTEM, leaving them assigned to "Trusted Installer." It took me DAYS to fix those.  With the Qualcomm installer program removed and those registry entries fixed, everything pretty much returned to normal (though a few more tweaks were needed to restore some power settings Windows removed during the update). 

Unless you have a lot of time to fool with the registry (always a dangerous proposition, and always back it up, first), perhaps resetting the computer to out-of-the-box condition might be the best move as it worked fine until that problematic Windows Update. Back up the computer, run Vantage again to make sure you have the latest BIOS (2JCN39WW). It might take a while for the computer to update, again, but it'll hopefully skip over the problem-causers. You may have to remove the Qualcomm Installer again, though.

Before doing all of that, you might want to clarify what you mean by "it will not charge consistently." Can you be more specific?

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
dsmsolutions
Paper Tape
Views: 822
Message 16 of 28

I continue to have the issue with the devie showing its plugged in but not charging.  3 x in the last 4 days.  What can I do to resolve this issue.  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 815
Message 17 of 28

It depends on what the battery percentage is when you see that. If it's around 60%, disable Battery Conservation Mode. If it's around 95%, do nothing. That's normal and by design.

rka10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 810
Message 18 of 28

It was the Qualcom file I uninstalled and yesterday I installed two windows support files off the Lenovo website that were April 2019 that I thought I had not done. My laptop got down to 15 percent so I plugged it in and hoped for the best. It went to 100% charge in a couple of hours. The laptop was acting like its old self and I was able to work on it straight for 6 hours. It got down to 30% and I plugged it back in to charge it. When I checked this morning it had not charged and was still at 30%. I am currently backing up my files, the next step is to do a restore to factory settings. I am still unclear if it is hardware or software. It is so sporatic that I am not sure. As I said before I think it might be the charging port. This is where I am at today.

RKA10

rka10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 772
Message 19 of 28

Thanks Doc, I will be doing the factory reset if I can get it charged enough. I had the one good day and now I have had two days of not charging and It even was losing power while shutdown. I can not decide if it is the battery. The Lenovo test shows it is good. I have opened it up and unhooked the battery. This computer will not run if the battery is out. The first Lenovo that I have ever had like this. I do not see any damage or problem with the port or the battery connection to the Mother board. This has me baffeled. I have left it unhooked to the charger for overnight to see if this disapates any power issues. On all morning and it is not charging. I am not not able to boot it up. Not sure on the next step. 

RKA10

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 761
Message 20 of 28

The sometimes-it-charges, sometimes-it-doesn't could also point to the charger. The 910 appears to be a little different in the way adapters connect to it. The original adapter is a three-wire cable. The third wire is how the charger "knows" to supply 20V and not 5V. Some third-party chargers don't recognize the 910's port and some do. 

I realize that's just confusing the issue, but it's something you can easily test that might rule out the port. 

The more troubling thing is the loss of battery percentage when the computer's shut down and the other-device charging capabilities of the USB ports is set to off. That shouldn't happen beyond a few percent.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors