Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rka10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 542
Message 21 of 28

Re: Yoga 910 plugged in not charging

This is very troubling as I had bought a second third party charger specifically for Lenovo 910. This gets back to my question around that port? Could I have damaged it in some way. When I look at it I do not see anything. The connections were all solid. I hate to give up on this but I do not want to pour excess amount of money in it. Today it still has not charged at all. Thank you for your insight.

RAK10

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 538
Message 22 of 28

I haven't found any third-party chargers that'll charge the 910, unless you consider HP "third party." The 40W USB-C charger from HP will do it as will both the 910's original charger (after I repaired a damaged cord) and the Lenovo charger that came with my 920. Others have posted their experiences with USB-C things and the 910 in a few threads around here. (BTW, the third-party chargers I DO have work with the 920 and Yoga Book C930. Just not the 910.

Just to be sure, we're discussing the rear USB-C port. And that port DOES work with thumb drives and so forth, correct?

Yeah, it's possible the port is damaged. You can send it in WITH the charger and they'll figure it out. But, before throwing money at it or wasting time, trot it down to a store that has Lenovo laptops on display. Sweet talk them into letting you see if one of their Lenovo chargers will function with your 910.  I see enough Lenovo laptops in coffee shops, too. A cup of coffee to borrow a charger isn't a bad deal. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Mallory45
What's DOS?
Views: 480
Message 23 of 28

Yes! I was thinking the same thing when I saw this old thread!
MikeP42
What's DOS?
Views: 329
Message 24 of 28

Holy cow, you just saved me hours of research and solutions that didn't work. Thank you so much!

Weird that they's turn on conservation mode by default like that. You'd think it would create nothing but support calls to Lenovo from new customers. 🤔

mcockbur
Paper Tape
Views: 105
Message 25 of 28

I have the same message of battery not charging since a few days ago,.

It started at 98%.. Now it is at 96% and still showing plugged in - not charging.

I read some answers here, and thought the problem could be the new lenovo vantage so I uninstalled it, but it didn't solve the problem.

Any other ideas you can share?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 95
Message 26 of 28

You can't disable that, it's a battery protection feature. "Plugged in not charging" at levels in upper 90s is by design. 

"Plugged in not charging" at around 60% is the Battery Saver function in Vantage, which you found and disabled.

"Plugged in not charging" at anything lower than 50% ...is a problem. Smiley Happy

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
mcockbur
Paper Tape
Views: 89
Message 27 of 28

Yes. That's why I am afraid it continues discharging and not charging anymore.

Is there a way to identify if it is a hardware issue?

mcockbur
Paper Tape
Views: 75
Message 28 of 28

I downloaded lenovo diagnostics and run a battery test. 
...And now it is chargin!!!!

so weird

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors