Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KOPP13
Paper Tape
Views: 741
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 910 slow wifi

The WIFI speed on my laptop is so slow.  Other devices connected to same WIFI are at 100mbps. The speedtest (speedtest.com) that i just performed gave a reading of 5.53 Mbps download speed and 0.14 upload speed. 

I work from home and I'm about to lose my mind.  I can't get anything done because my internet based apps are hanging.  

I read on another forum about the Yoga 920 doing this.  Some of the solutions were to download a driver for the 910.  I wasn't sure if this would solve my issue since I have the 910.  I also couldn't figure out where to go to find out which driver I have installed.  I loved my Yoga when I first bought it.  Now that I've been searching this forum for answers to my issue I'm seeing that a lot of other people are having issues with theirs.  Making me lose confidence in this product.

Guru
Views: 726
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 910 slow wifi

Read through this thread to see the things I did to get mine working as I thought it should. I apologize, but it's easier than retyping.. especially when I have work I'm supposed to be doing Smiley Happy

Do note that 5.0Ghz decays with distance from the router. I get 10/100 easily when I'm within ten feet of the router. This is on 2 Lenovos and an old Dell with a new WiFi card.  At 20 YARDS from the router, all three get about the same speed as yours. I will say a new router improved the distance by about double. But the best thing I did was forcing my laptops to stick to the fixed 5Ghz channel my neighbors weren't using. That solved most of my drops and "no internet" connection issues. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
pstoodley
Fanfold Paper
Views: 210
Message 3 of 4

I am so upset with my wifi, connectivity is awful. I have been dealing with this for the 2 years I have had the computer. I brought up the issue with BestBuy and Lenovo and was told after testing it was running as it should. Well in that case it is running crap. I am in the same room as colleagues on Macs and other PCs and they are getting good connection and mine is like a snail. I have been buying thinkpad / lenovos for over 20 years. This is the last one. Too bad because I liek a lot of the features. other thing USBC HDMI/VGA only works with a Targa $ 140 USBC adapter. 

pstoodley
Fanfold Paper
Views: 209
Message 4 of 4

Agreed wifi is crap, bestbuy and lenovo say it is working to specs, well, specs are crap.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors