Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcmcc
Paper Tape
Views: 374
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 910 still hot after Bios Quiet Mode and reinstalling WAN driver

I was so disappointed in my new 910 because it was always noisy and hot (and used to freeze in Chrome all the time).  I have since installed the Bios and put in quiet mode and disabled the Chrome hardware accelerator and reinstalled the WAN driver.  It's still hot (not as hot but too hot to use comfortably on my lap) (Thank goodness I'm not of childbearing age as I'm sure that my reproductive organs are fried).  Any other suggestions?  I have the gigabite harddrive version... a small fortune invested in both money and setup time.  It's a nice laptop to use (except for the stupid pgup keyboard... REALLY?)  First thing I did was keyboard mapping program.  Really wish I had bought a different laptop

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 336
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 910 still hot after Bios Quiet Mode and reinstalling WAN driver

@mcmcc wrote:

... and reinstalled the WAN driver.

Yeah, in thread after thread, we keep saying "uninstall the Qualcomm WLAN driver INSTALLER." Not the driver.. the INSTALLER. THEN update the driver. If you don't take out the hung installer, it'll keep spinning. Find it in control pannel under "uninstall a program." That's what's hanging and ramping up the CPU and the fan. Not the driver. The driver INSTALLER. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors