Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaono
Paper Tape
Views: 5,283
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 910 touchpad/trackpad settings

Scrolling in chrome is giving me a headache.  And I can't for the life of me find the touchpad settings for my new Yoga 910.  I searched both the control panel and metro settings with no luck.  I even went into the device manager and no touchpad to be found.  Usually there's a tab in the mouse properties but for some odd reason it doesn't exist on this computer.  Any direction would be much appreciated.  

BjornSved
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,228
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 910 touchpad/trackpad settings

The only thing I felt the need to change was the setting for how many lines the trackpad would scroll when I swiped up/down in the browser. The default was very low (=few lines). Maybe that's your problem too.

You find the setting in Windows 10 under settings\Devices\Mouse & touchpad. It's called "Choose how many lines to scroll each time". I'm using 11 right now, which feels best for me.

Highlighted
jaono
Paper Tape
Views: 5,208
Message 3 of 7

Thank you.  But I am looking for the Synaptics settings so I can control what two finger/three finger swipes etc do.  The settings under metro are very limited.  Every other computer I've ever owned had this setting but it is oddly missing under the mouse settings (control panel).  

90c4
Punch Card
Views: 5,203
Message 4 of 7

It's under windows settings, devices, mouse and touchpad.  Just type "trackpad" in the search box and you'll see stuff like "change what happens when you use four finger taps on the mousepad"

jaono
Paper Tape
Views: 5,197
Message 5 of 7

Oddly there is no options under control panel for the trackpad/touchpad.  I have provided a screenshot of what I have on my 900 vs my 910.  As you can see, there is no tab for the trackpad/touchpad.  There is also no setting in metro for 2 or 3 finger swipe.

screenshot32323.jpgscreenshot434543.jpg.png

90c4
Punch Card
Views: 5,194
Message 6 of 7

Click on All Settings (from start menu or the notification in the task bar) and select Devices, Mouse & Touchpad  and you'll find it. It isn't under mouse properties, for some reason.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,178
Message 7 of 7

@jaono wrote:

Oddly there is no options under control panel for the trackpad/touchpad.  I have provided a screenshot of what I have on my 900 vs my 910.  As you can see, there is no tab for the trackpad/touchpad.  There is also no setting in metro for 2 or 3 finger swipe.

The 910 has a touchpad that is certified by Microsoft as a Precision Touchpad. This also means that the standardised settings are fully integrated into the Windows 10 Settings app, rather than requiring a third-party driver (Synaptics) that is accessed via the legacy Control Panel.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors