Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 58 (5,325 Views)

Yoga 910 wifi issue

[ Edited ]

I'm having very inconsistent wifi performance on my Yoga 910. This has the Qualcomm Aetheros network adapter. I already installed the latest drivers from lenovo site. I also adjusted the power settings for maximum performance on both plugged in and battery. I have full signal... I'm maybe 15 feet away from my router. My phone is getting nearly 100Mb/s and my expensive new laptop is struggling to hit 2Mb/s right now. I've searched and tried any and all fixes.

It seems that a restart will usually get the speed back up, but only temporarily. I check resources and don't see any process or service using the wifi, yet the speed tanks like crazy. As an example, I was barely able to hit 2Mb, restarted and now its hitting 150Mb every time. After about 5 minutes, speeds are back down to 2-5Mb tops.

What's going on here?

-- Ed

Community Moderator
Message 2 of 58 (5,313 Views)

Re: Yoga 910 wifi issue

I'm experiencing WLAN performance issues as well. See the issues section in my review of the 910.

Are you also seeing WHEA-logger errors being reported in the Event Viewer? Does it help if you connect using the 2.4GHz band instead of the 5GHz band?

There's clearly something wrong, but whether it's really the hardware or the driver software is difficult to tell at this point. I've put a service call into Lenovo. I'll see what that brings.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 58 (5,269 Views)

I'm seeing WHEA-logger warnings:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

BusSmiley Very Happyevice:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x0
Vendor IDSmiley Very Happyevice ID: 0x8086:0x9D14
Class Code: 0x30400

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 58 (5,222 Views)

It does seem to be better on 2.4Ghz FWIW

Guru
Message 5 of 58 (5,204 Views)

Because of an issue setting up a wireless webcam, I had to give separate SSIDs to the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands of my router. I put my phone and the Yoga on the 5Ghz. Everything else is on 2.4. So far, that's put an end to connection issues with the phone and the Yoga. Key words "so far." Still getting the WLAN errors, though. But, numerous as those are, I'm not noticing an impact. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 58 (5,169 Views)

Setting up a new Yoga 910 but can't connect at the 5 Ghz band.   Windows 10 complains "Can't connect to this network".   No problem with the 2.4 Ghz band.

Getting the same event 17, WHEA-Logger: 

Ed_Sus wrote:
I'm seeing WHEA-logger warnings:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

BusSmiley Very Happyevice:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x0
Vendor IDSmiley Very Happyevice ID: 0x8086:0x9D14
Class Code: 0x30400

Tried reloading the device driver for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter but that didn't help.

Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 58 (5,089 Views)

UPDATE
I finally was able to connect to my router with 802.11ac by changing my DD WRT router settings:

1) AC Only --> AC/N Mixed
2) Wide HT 40 (40 MHz) --> Dynamic (20/40 MHz)
Highlighted
Punch Card
Message 8 of 58 (5,071 Views)

[ Edited ]

I also had numerous issues with the WiFi Card drivers and setup with my Yoga 910.

In Windows event viewer I noticed issues with the following: 

WHEA-Logger issues and P-Sensor Floods on my new PC.

I removed both Qualcomm Installation Tools for Wi-Fi and for Bluetooth from Programs and features after I had the latest versions on my PC. This eliminated my P-Sensor Warnings but the WHEA-Logger issuses continued.

I have eliminated my WHEA-Logger issues by changing in the Power Options Advanced tab:

PCI Express - Link State Power Management for Battery and Power to OFF. 

I understand this is just a work around until lenovo fixes the driver issues but for the time being it has really helped with the performance of the machine.

Hopefully it helps someone else.

Mark

Guru
Message 9 of 58 (5,046 Views)

Thanks, Mark. Changing those power options stopped the logger flood. Much thanks. I just have to remember to set it back when the new drivers come out.

Punch Card
Message 10 of 58 (5,041 Views)

Agreed, thanks. This was pretty frustrating
Top kudoed Authors