Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,884
Message 11 of 69

Re: Yoga 910 wifi issue

Thanks Mark, that tip about the Power Settings for the PCI Express bus helped a lot.
----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

mlwyoga910
Punch Card
Views: 3,869
Message 12 of 69

Your welcome, I was glad to be able to help. If you hear anything from Lenovo please post. I read where you had contacted them. Thank You!

glxyz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,856
Message 13 of 69

Thanks Mark,

Your recommendation on how to turn off the WHEA-Logger flood worked for me as well.  Will revert back when new drivers are available that fix this problem.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,844
Message 14 of 69

Curious...

For the folks who have set these two to "Off" and see a halt to the WHEA flood, what do you see if you set them to "Medium"?

1- message stays halted?

2- reduced frequency?

3- same-ish frequency as when set to the default of "Maximum"?

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

mlwyoga910
Punch Card
Views: 3,834
Message 15 of 69

Sarbin,

When I set the parameter to moderate I was still seeing WHEA-logger errors. I did not run the computer long enough in moderate mode to see if the events had been reduced.. I have not had an Error in two days with set to none. Mark

Ed_Sus
Paper Tape
Views: 3,789
Message 16 of 69

This seems to have solved my issues so far as well. No more WHEA-Logger errors and wifi performance has been much better. I have a handful of other errors occuring but those don't seem to be related.

I imagine my battery life won't be quite as good until this is resolved, but at least I can use my wifi!

Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 3,774
Message 17 of 69

Lenovo released a new WLAN driver in late December, v 12.0.0.78. it can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS119197

It would help to have confirmation that poor WIFI connections and the WHEA_Logger errors are occurring against this version.

Thank you,

mlwyoga910
Punch Card
Views: 3,772
Message 18 of 69

Amy, I believe the lastest drive is 12.0.0.278 and it does has the Whea-Logger issues.

Thank You,

Mark

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,765
Message 19 of 69

Hi Amy - yes I can confirm what Mark says. I have the 12.0.0.278 driver installed, and it does give poor WiFi connection (particularly in the 5GHz band) and the flood of WHEA-Logger errors. Mark's workaround of turning off the power management of the PCI Express bus will stop the errors, but we look to Lenovo to provide a proper solution to the issue. Thanks.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Ed_Sus
Paper Tape
Views: 3,760
Message 20 of 69

Yep. I've been using the latest driver. Same issue.

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors