Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,860
Message 11 of 69

Re: Yoga 910 wifi issue

Thanks Mark, that tip about the Power Settings for the PCI Express bus helped a lot.
----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

mlwyoga910
Punch Card
Views: 3,845
Message 12 of 69

Your welcome, I was glad to be able to help. If you hear anything from Lenovo please post. I read where you had contacted them. Thank You!

glxyz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,832
Message 13 of 69

Thanks Mark,

Your recommendation on how to turn off the WHEA-Logger flood worked for me as well.  Will revert back when new drivers are available that fix this problem.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,820
Message 14 of 69

Curious...

For the folks who have set these two to "Off" and see a halt to the WHEA flood, what do you see if you set them to "Medium"?

1- message stays halted?

2- reduced frequency?

3- same-ish frequency as when set to the default of "Maximum"?

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

mlwyoga910
Punch Card
Views: 3,810
Message 15 of 69

Sarbin,

When I set the parameter to moderate I was still seeing WHEA-logger errors. I did not run the computer long enough in moderate mode to see if the events had been reduced.. I have not had an Error in two days with set to none. Mark

Ed_Sus
Paper Tape
Views: 3,765
Message 16 of 69

This seems to have solved my issues so far as well. No more WHEA-Logger errors and wifi performance has been much better. I have a handful of other errors occuring but those don't seem to be related.

I imagine my battery life won't be quite as good until this is resolved, but at least I can use my wifi!

Former Employee
Views: 3,750
Message 17 of 69

Lenovo released a new WLAN driver in late December, v 12.0.0.78. it can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS119197

It would help to have confirmation that poor WIFI connections and the WHEA_Logger errors are occurring against this version.

Thank you,

mlwyoga910
Punch Card
Views: 3,748
Message 18 of 69

Amy, I believe the lastest drive is 12.0.0.278 and it does has the Whea-Logger issues.

Thank You,

Mark

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,741
Message 19 of 69

Hi Amy - yes I can confirm what Mark says. I have the 12.0.0.278 driver installed, and it does give poor WiFi connection (particularly in the 5GHz band) and the flood of WHEA-Logger errors. Mark's workaround of turning off the power management of the PCI Express bus will stop the errors, but we look to Lenovo to provide a proper solution to the issue. Thanks.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Ed_Sus
Paper Tape
Views: 3,736
Message 20 of 69

Yep. I've been using the latest driver. Same issue.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors