Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,983
Message 21 of 69

Re: Yoga 910 wifi issue

Latest drivers, power settings to off and my 5Ghz connection keeps coming up "limited" with "no internet." I can switch to 2.4Ghz (same router) and all as well. Rebooting my router restores the 5Ghz internet connectivity ..but it doesn't stick. I can't for the life of me figure it out. 

A new driver can't get here quickly, enough. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Ed_Sus
Paper Tape
Views: 2,967
Message 22 of 69

Did you disable the power settings for your PCI Express and also set your Wireless Adapter Settings to Maximum Performance?
mlwyoga910
Punch Card
Views: 2,961
Message 23 of 69

Today, I made an Image of my Yoga 910 system and proceeded to do a Clean install of windows 10.

I preceeded by Formatting the C: Drive and installing windows from a USB Flash Drive with the latest windows 10 version.  After the installation, Windows update was run, to finish configuring the pc.

It was nice to see that the system device drivers all loaded correctly. The only device driver that needed to be updated manually from device manager was the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter, it was nice to see that the current device version of 12.0.0.278 was found and installed.

(Note) The PC still had the WHEA-Logger issues and needed to have the Power Management settings changed.

However; I did not have any of the previous issues that occured when the Lenovo Companion App updated the drivers on this PC. (See Below)

One Plus I noticed, Overall my Event Viewer is a lot cleaner now. - Hopefully this will help the PC run more effeciently. 

In Conclusion:

It appears that by updating the Network Adapter from the Lenovo companion app or downloaded from the Lenovo Support site has possibly caused some issues with the Yoga 910. The Qualcomm Atheros 11ac Wireless LAN Installer looks like it is the issue that caused the P-Sensor Flood, and the CPU Usage issues.

I hope that Amy_Lenovo will be able help us reslove theses issues with the Yoga 910.

Thank You, Mark

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,948
Message 24 of 69

Agreed. If the next set of BIOS updates and/or drivers doesn't resolve all the errors, I'll probably wipe the 910 and do a clean install, too. Naturally, I'll keep an image in case THAT doesn't work. I went through all the steps to fix ownership of the registry keys that were causing the errors and wound up having to roll back the machine to December. So, I'm back to getting all the errors, but the computer runs okay. I DID turn off the PCI power management settings, which stopped the WLAN flood, but the other errors remain. 

XMorth
Paper Tape
Views: 2,741
Message 25 of 69

Anything new on this issue?? Anyone heard from Lenovo that they are working on it? I just purchased the 910 and I have these symptoms also even with all of the latest updates!
WalterL1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,582
Message 26 of 69

Same here, I returned the notebook because I couldn't find a durable solution.

Regards

peter112233
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,534
Message 27 of 69

I'm having the same issues, and have tried the solutions posted here - turning off power management for the PCI card, using 2.4GHz WiFi. I've also bought a new WiFi router and have it positioned 6 feet from my laptop. But I'm continuing to have problems with intermittent network dropouts, making web based conferencing really problematic.

Lenovo:

Would be great if you could have your techies fix this issue.

JorgSpek
What's DOS?
Views: 2,441
Message 28 of 69

Same problems here: my AC network doesn't even show up in the network list most of the time. When it does, I'm unable to connect to it. Was using the latest Lenovo Qualcomm drivers (version ending in 278). Have now disabled the pci-express power saving and uninstalled the Qualcomm driver and the event viewer flooding has stopped, but am still unable to connect to AC network.

Lenovo support: this has been a problem for months now. Please get this fixed!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,410
Message 29 of 69

@XMorth wrote:
Anything new on this issue?? Anyone heard from Lenovo that they are working on it? I just purchased the 910 and I have these symptoms also even with all of the latest updates!

BIOS 36WW seems to have fixed the WHEA logger flood ..but not the DCOM errors. I've fixed MOST of those through registry edits and the management console. Still have a couple I can't figure out, but it's not a huge issue. I'm still getting periodic "no internet, secure" issues on the 5Ghz side of my router. 2.4Ghz is fine. I've decided that has to be the router as rebooting it fixes the issue and it sometimes affects my phone, as well. Probably need a new router as they stopped updating the firmware for my old one the day they trotted out its successor. :mad:

eabel
Paper Tape
Views: 2,386
Message 30 of 69

I'm having the same issues with intermittent Wifi dropout.

I've rolled the Qualcomm Atheros drive back to version 4.0.2.217 which seems a bit more stable, but still have dropouts at times.

Is it possible to swap out the Wifi card?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors