Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zoltansoos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,203
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 910 with Apple Thunderbolt monitor

Hi, just got my Joga 910 to replace by aging Macbook Pro 15", high-end model. All looks good, except I can't seem to find an adapter that would connect the USB Type C port to the 27" Apple monitor. The model number is A1407 and I think it has the older (version 1 maybe 2) of the Thunderbolt connectors. 

Anybody solved this problem already?

Thank you.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,161
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 910 with Apple Thunderbolt monitor

I Googled "USB-C to Thunderbolt adapter" and got a good number of hits. When I narrowed it down to an adapter that supports Thunderbolt 1, this device came up. Given the price, it might be worth considering a new monitor and putting your old one on eBay. 

If I were you, I'd find out for certain which version of Thunderbolt your display uses as the price difference between adapters that support 1 and 2 is rather large. 

Do let us know which adapters you try and whether or not they work. It'll help future people who face similiar issues.

Thanks.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
zoltansoos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,157
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Doctordon, I was thinking the same thing: selling the monitor and the stand and the external keyboard that are now not (quite) compatible now. Still, in the men time ordered this adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LGXVFY -- will report back if it really works or not. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,153
Message 4 of 5

Thanks and good luck.

Note that while Thunderbolt uses the same connector as DisplayPort, the two aren't essentialy interchangable. It's possible you'll get the monitor to work, but without some of the other things your display has, such as ethernet, etc. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
zoltansoos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,131
Message 5 of 5

The LESVIEO USB 3.1 Type C to Mini Display Port Adapter did NOT work with the Apple Thunderbolt Display A1407 27" monitor. I am pretty sure that the Thunderbolt version is the problem (the monitor is version 1 I think), but other incompatibilities might pop up if I would buy a TB 1 to 3 adapter. I will go with selling the Apple display.

Thank for all your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors