Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csharpfritz
What's DOS?
Views: 599
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 910s - Bluescreen on camera use

Whenever I activate the camera on my Yoga 910s the machine bluescreens.

I've tried the windows camera app, Skype, Microsoft Teams...  with each one the system immediately crashes as the camera is accessed.

In an attempt to remedy, I have used the Lenovo companion app to install any and all recommended driver and BIOS updates. 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 537
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 910s - Bluescreen on camera use

Good day and welcome to the community.

Please confirm that you actually mean "Yoga 910".

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

csharpfritz
What's DOS?
Views: 509
Message 3 of 5

This is a Yoga 910, Special Edition..

With the Windows 10 15002 version that was just issued, I am no longer crashing when the camera is accessed. However, the camera never activates.

Has anyone ever gotten the camera to work on this device? Is there actually a camera behind the spot I see in the bezel?
JoaquinLeon
Paper Tape
Views: 243
Message 4 of 5

I am having the same issue, i bought a yoga 910-13IKB 80VF002JUS without OS, i did a clean Win 10 home install deleting all partitions and camera is not working, same symptoms as described previously(blue screen, etc)

I have tried to update the driver, and install it several times but always says "Not needed(no device for update present)

please any help...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 240
Message 5 of 5

@csharpfritz wrote:
This is a Yoga 910, Special Edition..

With the Windows 10 15002 version that was just issued, I am no longer crashing when the camera is accessed. However, the camera never activates.

Has anyone ever gotten the camera to work on this device? Is there actually a camera behind the spot I see in the bezel?

Use either Lenovo Vantage (free in the Windows Store, Companion's been retired) or the download site for your machine. There was a Bison (camera) update that just came down a few weeks, ago, if memory serves. Also, make sure your BIOS is updated. I have the same computer you do and the camera works fine. I have version 3.5.5.34 for the camera driver (even though the date shows 2016) and am running Windows 10 build 1709 version 16299.248. The current BIOS is 2JCN39WW. 

If everything is up to date and it still doesn't work, you may need to uninstall the camera. Windows should catch that on the next boot and reinstall it. 

Also make sure you haven't inadvertantly pressed F8, which turns the camera off.  The camera, itself, is centered right above the function keys. It was moved to the top of the screen in the 920.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors