Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bajo
Punch Card
Views: 927
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 920-13IKB update to w10 1803

Has anyone with a Yoga 920-13IKB been through a successful update to Windows 10 version 1803?

Kreeker
Punch Card
Views: 888
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 920-13IKB update to w10 1803

Yes. Mine updated fresh out of the box (I got it about 2 weeks ago). At first I had problems with Google Chrome freezing and internet speed slowing down. The patch from Microsoft fixed the first, updating my network adapter driver and setting the roaming aggressiveness to high fixed the second. So far I haven't had any more problems (knocking on wood here).

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 880
Message 3 of 8

Just updated, today, so I'm looking for issues. So far, Windows Hello "lost" my PIN, but that was easily fixed. 

Internet speed test was double what it was before the upgrade( 10mbps up/ 123mbps down), but I'm in a different part of the house, so that might have something to do with that.

I'll report on anything else I bump into or be happy to test out anything that's giving anyone else problems. 

EDIT: The update turned on the in-app sounds for Facebook. Easily fixed, but odd.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Bajo
Punch Card
Views: 874
Message 4 of 8

Thanks to both of you for the comments, I will go ahead and start the update.

Kreeker - regarding Chrome issues, I've been fighting some crashes for a couple of months. If you're interested, there is a long thread about it here:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/iNPoJAQ2ORU

Kreeker
Punch Card
Views: 804
Message 5 of 8

I just discovered a new bug - the onscreen keyboard no longer functions properly in Google Chrome, when I use the Yoga as a tablet. It's constantly popping up when not needed, for instance when opening a new tab or even just scrolling. Happens only in Chrome. 

It's not a Yoga bug, my Surface Pro has the same issue since the Windows update. I reported it to Chrome developers, because Chrome is the only place I've encountered it.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 786
Message 6 of 8

After updating my 910, Lenovo Vantage came up with a new WLAN driver to install. I ran Vantage on teh 920 immediately after the update, but it didn't find anything. I think I should probably do that daily for a while. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
mgymnop
Token Ring
Views: 746
Message 7 of 8

I just got my new Yoga 920 Glass and had to manually update to the 1803 version. Everything works well so far.

mgymnop
Token Ring
Views: 705
Message 8 of 8

I have issues with my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse constantly disconnecting. Have to investigate a bit more if it is the mouse, windows 10 1803 or the new laptop.

Update: It's not my Yoga laptop. I changed to a Logitech BT mouse and everything is fine. Looks like my Microsoft BT mouse has issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors