cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sercanm
Paper Tape
Views: 170
Message 1 of 3

[Yoga 920] Are these temperatures normal?

Hello,

I bought a brand new yoga yesterday. Wıth this price I expected top quality product but I had really bad wi-fi adapter issues. Slow speeds, disconnects, data loss. I had applied some suggested fixes. It seems better now. But other problems still persists. Perhaps i am just a bit over-concerned. but better be safe than sorry.

Anyway straight to the point, my Yoga 4k, 512 idles at around 42 to 45c . It is not that bad. But when I plugged in immediately loud fans kicks and device idles around 65c to 75 c (sometimes going over 75c for a second then drops) Light tasks 65 to 85c and if I do heavy taskings it can go up to 94c as you can see in my screenshot. 

Are these temperatures normal? It is so annoying for me to use this device on lap. Especially when plugged in. While charging, the bottom of device is really hot.

By the way, battery designed capacity is 70040 mWh but current full charge capacity is 69820 mWh. Is this normal even though it is brand new device?

And one more thing. There is also some cracking noise when I put my right wrist on the laptop. It is annoying as well.

I really want to hear your thoughts. Should I send it to service and ask for new device? Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 165
Message 2 of 3

Re: [Yoga 920] Are these temperatures normal?

look in the task manager and see what is using all the cpu.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
sercanm
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 3 of 3

Re: [Yoga 920] Are these temperatures normal?

There is no app that eats cpu. Unfortunately everything seems normal in the task manager.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors