Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechnologyHack
Paper Tape
Views: 1,179
Message 11 of 13

Re: Yoga 920 - Battery drain when shut down and in sleep mode

I'm having the same issue.  Charged laptop to 100% last night, powered off, then unplugged.  Just powered up after laptop being off for 12hrs and it lost 6% of the battery.  Besides how annoying this is I love the laptop, but when I called support they were not much help and they never followed up after i tried the one recomendation they gave me.  

As mentioned above I just disabled the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface to see if that is causing my issue.  Aside from that all updates have been installed...etc

JoXJo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 984
Message 12 of 13

Does anybody know a solution for this behaviour?

I turned off my lenovo (Shift Key pressed). with 53% on may 23. Today i wan't use it, and it is completly empty -> 0%.

Is this state of the art for such a laptop?

maddd
Paper Tape
Views: 107
Message 13 of 13

My problem is the battery drain when the laptop is shut down. Maybe also in sleep mode, but I am not so worried about that. Now I read about a suggestion to turn off Connected Standby mode. A quick test gave a positive result, but I can't be sure yet. It is a good idea to create a system restore point before doing this.

• Run Registry Editor (regedit)
  • Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
  • Change the value of CsEnabled from 1 to 0.
  • Reboot

Even after this, Windows 10 allows using normal sleep mode in my 920. (I mention this because some comments in the internet implied you might not have any sleep mode after this.)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors