Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julyfurth
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,405
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 920 Boot Fail

Hi community!

I found my Yoga 920 sometimes ( at least once in a day ) suddenly doesn't detect SSD and cannot boot. In the case it happens while using it, bluescreen appeared and try to restart but after that the BIOS message says "Default boot device missing or boot failed. Insert recovery media and hit any key. Then select 'boot manager' to choose a new boot device or to boot recovery media." I found thread of same error cause on other device and solve by selecting Legacy Boot on BIOS but this device's BIOS doesn't have that option. Any idea?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,343
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 920 Boot Fail

May be loose SSD or your SSD may be dying. Can you run some tests on Windows when you're actually able to access it

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
GAEL_R
What's DOS?
Views: 706
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

I have the same problem did you resolve yours? 

Does it needs to come sav?

regards,

nikobotics
What's DOS?
Views: 402
Message 4 of 6

Hello, I just had this same problem for the first time. I poked around in bios and enabled virtual hardware then rebooted and it seemed to boot fine after that. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 391
Message 5 of 6

If you are having problems where your SSD is sometimes not being recognized at startup, the first stem is to make sure you have a current backup.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
nlarson5
What's DOS?
Views: 238
Message 6 of 6

I have also had the same issue with my yoga 720. It started only occurring occasionally, but then quickly escalated to the point where it would not boot at all. Since I was still under warranty, I took it to the store where I purchased it and they recommended I send it to Lenovo for repairs. They ended up replacing the hard drive entirely, and it worked (mostly) fine for a while, though it still crashed unexpectedly and gave me an "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXEPTION" message. The last few times I have booted up my laptop, however, I have been seeing the "DEFAULT BOOT DEVICE MISSING OR BOOT DEVICE FAILED" message upon startup. This, needless to say, is very concerning, especially now that my warranty has expired. I bought this laptop because it seemed reliable (and I spent a good deal of money on it), yet I have been continuously dissapointed in its performance. Moreover, the trackpad has completely stopped working because of a hardware issue, though that is unrelated. I am a full-time student and both can't afford to be without a functional laptop and can't shell out the money to buy a new one. Please help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors