Options

4 Posts

07-17-2020

US

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 21 of 22

Re:Yoga 920 Camera not working (I've tried nearly everything)

2020-07-22, 21:21 PM

Hi! I had the same issue and I was very relieved yet upset after learning about this solution, because I've been dealing with a multitude of issues on my 920 for a few years (hard drive failure, trackpad failure, screws being weak) and the webcam was a recent one. I looked into 920 motherboards and they're around $500, which to me is not worth the fix. I wish it was just a webcam issue because I learned how to fully take apart my laptop to attempt to fix it, and a $20 webcam replacement would have made me ecstatic. Please let us know about updates though!

Options

12 Posts

01-08-2019

NO

10 Signins

117 Page Views

• Views: 117
  • Message 22 of 22

Re:Yoga 920 Camera not working (I've tried nearly everything)

2020-07-24, 14:39 PM

Hi guys, sorry for not answering. After 4 months of arguing with my distributor (Elkjøp), I finally got my money back, and I got a yoga C940 for the money. It actually was a hardware issue, but one that the workshop did not seem to be able to fix. They changed the mother board, they changed the camera, but each time they sent it back to me (a total of 4 times, the 3rd time they had the audacity to tell me that there were "no fallacies". The last time they "couldn't find the errors" and it kept being like that for maybe 2 weeks, I stood my ground. (To begin with the problem was that the camera didn't  work, in the end it was that the keyboard sporadically stopped working and that the screen wouldn't rotate), Glad I did something about it before the 2 year warranty expired, AND before Corona, most importantly. 

It just sucks that Lenovo doesn't recognize defects more quickly, I mean , they spent more money on changing parts than what giving me a refund costed... 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete