Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

07-19-2014

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

19 Signins

104 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 104
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 920 - Can't type into Date Input Fields

2018-02-13, 9:48 AM

Hello,

I use online accounting software (KashFlow) and part of entering invoices involves clicking into a date input field.  It is one of those where a little calendar shows when you click into the field.  You can also manually type a date into this field too.

However.

On my brand new Yoga 920 using Chrome and Firefox the date input fields are greyed out and a red 'no access' icon shows when you hover over them.  But you can still click it and the calendar pops up as normal.  The only difference is you can NOT type into them anymore.

When the source for the page is viewed it looks like the fields have been designated 'readonly'.

There is no such problem on any other computer I own, even when using Chrome or Firefox.  The date fields work perfectly well on these other computers - even on a Sony Xperia tablet I own.

The only browser that works properly on my Yoga is Edge.  The date fields work as they should.  It's just Chrome (my main browser) and Firefox where they don't work.

This seems like a Lenovo-based problem.  A little Google has revealed a couple of similar problems with other Lenovo users.

Does anyone have any clue on how to fix this?  This is utterly bizarre behaviour and it's preventing me from working properly.

I have attached a photo showing the problem when using Chrome.  These fields should never be greyed out.

Thanks,

Matt

Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

Czech Republic

9008 Signins

170464 Page Views

• Views: 170464
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 920 - Can't type into Date Input Fields

2018-02-20, 11:54 AM

As a web designer/developer, this is not related to Lenovo system. Contact KashFlow support

Due to my absence, I may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

https://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Options

1 Posts

11-29-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Yoga 920 - Can't type into Date Input Fields

2021-11-29, 12:44 PM

If you are going to be using accounting apps on one phone for a long time, I would advise you to think a few times. I can't imagine how tenacious a phone should be.

Options

1 Posts

11-29-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Yoga 920 - Can't type into Date Input Fields

2021-11-29, 12:47 PM

I don't know if there is a chance that someone will see the message, or if it is better to ask the question separately. I'll try anyway. The fact is that I have always used Apple's equipment, but now I ran into the Yoga 920 on work issues. I was surprised when I found out what exactly I would get, but I have to work with what I have. Actually, there is only one question: how can I avoid problems with accounting applications? I should work with personal bookkeeping software options? I should keep data both on the computer and on the phone. The model is far from new. And given the previous comment, I have reason to be worried. I don't want to waste time and all data due to a crash.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms