Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

46 Posts

03-21-2008

United States of America

214 Signins

1503 Page Views

• Views: 1503
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga 920 Cursor problem cured

2018-07-13, 17:35 PM

Today, my Lenovo Vantage downloaded and installed a new driver:

Touch Panel Pen Driver -10 [64] V.7.5.1.21

which appears to have completely cured the cursor hesitation my 920 had suffered from for months.  The problem only occurred when using the touchpad for cursor movement.  And it was intermittent - occuring perhaps once or twice very minute or so.  All it took to free up the cursor was to refrain from attempting to move it for about 3-4 seconds and it would begin acting 'normal' again.

With the above driver installed (10am this morning) I have yet to have ANY such issue with the cursor.  This is so helpful that I wanted to shout out "THANK YOU" to who ever was responsible for this update.

THANK YOU           THANK YOU         THANK YOU 

My single most agravating problem with my Yoga 920 has been resolved!  I feel so good I think I'll take my wife out do a quality dinner tonight!

Options

3394 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5456 Signins

60941 Page Views

• Views: 60941
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 920 Cursor problem cured

2018-07-13, 17:46 PM

Thanks for taking the time to report back.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

7 Posts

07-15-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

25 Signins

132 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 132
  • Message 3 of 5

2018-07-15, 7:28 AM

Thanks for sharing. I'll receive my 920 next week and reading about this issue had me worried. Glad it's seemingly been fixed

Options

46 Posts

03-21-2008

United States of America

214 Signins

1503 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2018-08-15, 14:55 PM

Quick followup on my hesitant cursor issue.

My Yoga 920 (16Gb/1Tb/UHD screen) still shows its hesitant cursor symptom occassionally.  Is not as often as it was, but still I encounter it on occassion.  The only remedy when it occurs is to stop touching the touchpad and give it 1-3 seconds and the 'stuck cursor' will again be available to move.

FWIW, I have NEVER seen this problem when using a mouse (as opposed to the touchpad).  Even a bluetooth attached mouse works w/o evidence of this sticking/hesitating cursor issue.  

I'm convinced that the issue lies somewhere in the touchpad.  Either the driver needs a re-write - or the touchpad itself is somehow creating these occassional issues.

Now don't get me wrong.  I love my Yoga 920.  It is the fastest, most compact, and capable computer I have ever owned.  Wouldn't trade it for anything else I've seen on the market.

I've come to use an external mouse (Logitech MX Master 2S attached via bluetooth) for almost all my work.  I bought two of these mice and keep one at work and one at home to avoid having to carry it back and forth.

Options

46 Posts

03-21-2008

United States of America

214 Signins

1503 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-02-20, 20:18 PM

Alas, I _think_ my Yoga 920 intermittent touchpad related cursor problem is resolved.  After two years of putting up with this problem, I read elsewhere that use of the Lenovo Vantage "Battery Status" indicator on the SysTray can cause inexplicable intermittent cursor issues.  I thought "How silly is that?" but the notion resulted in my removal of that fancy green BATTERY icon from my task tray - AND - drum roll please - I have been unable to cause the intermittent cursor issue again.

SO - for those who might have similar "intermittent" interruptions of their cursor movement, just be sure you are not using that Lenovo Vantage Battery Status indicator icon.  It is redundant to the Windows 10 battery icon anyway, just a fancier flourish to show battery status.  Certainly something I can live without.

I may try to communicate my findings to Lenovo - but to tell the truth - they haven't been particularly helpful or concerned over the frustrations I have felt for way too long regarding a touchpad cursor that simply wouldn't work without intermittent hangups.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms