Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megank
Paper Tape
Views: 202
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 920 Dedicated Driver/eGPU?

I'm in the market for a new laptop- and I'm in love with the Yoga 920. As a digital artist and architecture student everything looks like what I would want in a computer.

I showed the specs to my advisor and he says it's a "no-go" because it has an integrated graphics card. That the computer would be unstable in the long run without a dedicated one. I don't really game on my computer- but I'd need something that could render 3D elements and potentially allow me to do VR walkthroughs.

For me the wacoom tech screen for drawing is what's really selling it to me and I can't seem to find the best of both worlds. I thought about just buying a gaming laptop and then getting a cintiq to satisfy that aspect for me but I'd be dropping $2000-$3500 on the low end- which is quite a bit more than the prices I was looking at for just the Yoga

Does anyone know if I can get a Yoga 920 with a dedicated driver or if it's compatible with an eGPU? I'm worried that an eGPU might affect the stability by plugging it in and out.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors