Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-10-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga 920 Display off and running slow since BIOS update

2021-06-10, 0:42 AM

My laptop updated yesterday and when it did, my display changed the default display size, my internet browser went weird and shut down my favorites and my apps are running extremely slow. I can operate anything from the desktop ok, but if I want to run anything larger, the display is very tiny and it lags very badly

Options

2493 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

159 Signins

14391 Page Views

• Views: 14391
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Yoga 920 Display off and running slow since BIOS update

2021-06-10, 6:58 AM

Hello clizzie

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would suggest that you check the BIOS and reload the defaults initially and save then exits. 

You can manually flash the BIOS again from the support site after reading the read me file and following the steps.

Check also the any opportunity of updating the chipsets and display drivers on the same site and observe after restart.

You may be thinking of BIOS rollback which is not recommended since the current version is the certified version intended for your system.

Before deciding, best to consult first your tech support team specially with in-warranty machines.

Regards,

Dex

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2567 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

275 Signins

12976 Page Views

• Views: 12976
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-06-10, 9:16 AM

To Load Default Settings on the BIOS, you can follow the steps below:

BIOS Load Default Settings.
- Select the Start Menu, then choose Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware settings
:or:
- Press the power button to completely shut down the unit.
- Press the Novo Button - The button can be reached/clicked by an unfolded paperclip or similar.
- Choose the BIOS setup.
- If you do not have a Novo Button, then repeatedly pressing F1 of F2 or Shift + Power button (FN+F1 or F2) on startup will take you to the BIOS.
- Navigate to the EXIT tab
- Press "Load Default Settings"
- Save & Exit changes

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

06-10-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-06-11, 0:11 AM

Well, considering I got a notice from my computer that I needed to update the BIOS and nothing saying that it was not recommended, I could only go with the computer was telling what I needed to do. 

I restored the defaults and the computer is running in some respects, but my games are running extremely slow and lagging. They are not playable. It was fine until the BIOS update. 

Options

2968 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

287 Signins

26137 Page Views

• Views: 26137
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-06-11, 15:13 PM

@ clizzie wrote:

Well, considering I got a notice from my computer that I needed to update the BIOS and nothing saying that it was not recommended, I could only go with the computer was telling what I needed to do. 

I restored the defaults and the computer is running in some respects, but my games are running extremely slow and lagging. They are not playable. It was fine until the BIOS update. 

Hello @ clizzie!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

Please go ahead and try updating your Yoga 920 laptop's Display and Intel Chipset drivers.

Once done, restart the device and observe its performance again.

Also, see if there's an available Windows update to your Yoga 920 laptop and download/install it as well.

Another step that you can do from here is to configure the games' display or performance settings to see if it'll make an improvement.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)