Did you mean: 
Martin-GER
Paper Tape
Views: 2,680
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 920 | Docks for two 4k displays

Hi,

I have the 4k modell of the Yoga 920. 

Is there are dock to connect two 4k display on a 60 Hz rate via DisplayPort?

The dock should also power the device and provide some USB ports as well as one port for sound.

And is the internal GPU strong enough to handle three displays (while showing 4k movies)?

What are the limits on the GPU?

Thanks

Martin

DaleRoss
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,637
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 920 | Docks for two 4k displays

I don't think it is "strong enough" to handle two displays. I'm seeing poor performance with one 4K and another lower resolution display. I'm using two adpaters/hubs.

Martin-GER
Paper Tape
Views: 2,588
Message 3 of 4

So, there is no docking station out there because the internal GPU can't handle two 4k displays @60Hz? 

Can you recommend any docking station for two FullHD displays?

arudlang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 672
Message 4 of 4

I know this is old but the "solution" is not a solution at all. Just throwing out my expirience for those who are researching, I was able to run 3 FHD displays off of the 920 with the i7, 16 GB, 4k without much issue. Not sure that I was getting more than 30 Hz refresh rate though. It wasn't the best but for desktop work it was ok. Two screens ran off an older USB 3.0 lenovo port dock via DVI to HDMI cables. Using displaylink drivers. Third monitor connected to a cheap $12 USB-C to HDMI adapter. It did at least have power pass-through and a USB 3.0 port so I had one wire to plug into the laptop to connect everything. No longer using that setup much though. 

Regular docks do not give the computer any extra graphics capabilities. Graphics docks / eGPUs are a thing but extremely touchy in my expirience. You have to really have a dire need for some graphics boost to go down that road, and really love your current computer. Much easier to buy something with more oomph (and much more expensive, but ePGUs are bleeding edge technology that is a little rough around the edges sometimes). 

I am using the lenovo thunderbolt 3 graphics dock with the 920 but it was tricky to get it going and its very moody. Not smooth or reliable. Would not recommend, generally speaking. 

Ref: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/YOGA-92013IKB-and-lenovo-Graphics-Dock/m-p...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors