Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 587
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 920 Does Not Wake Up

My Yoga 920 purchased 12/2017 does not "wake up". The machine will begin to run and the light on the power button stays lit but the screen does not come on.

The only solution I have found: hold the power button and reboot the computer, thus defeating the purpose of Sleep Mode altogether.

This means a) I cannot hope any in-use files will remain in-use or even be recoverable when I reboot and b) one of the primary reasons for purchasing computer (e.g. useability) is rendered completely pointless, and c) Lenovo sold a machine for $1700 US that does not perform as advertised.

Thanks,

JJ

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 574
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 920 Does Not Wake Up

Install Lenovo Vantage and update everything. Especially the BIOS. You should be on 5NCN36WW

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 544
Message 3 of 7

Doctordon,

I am completely confused. I ran the exact same BIOS update previously (3/4 and 3/8) and for some reason when I checked the folders it was not in there. I just ran it again as a hail mary and it is now in the folders and there. So thank you very much for the nudge to run it again.

Now to work on the sound piece. Any wisdom there? No sound from machine except on headphones. Downloaded driver, updated (for real, this time), etc., still nothing.

Thanks!

Best,

JJ

Jeffla
Punch Card
Views: 542
Message 4 of 7

FYI, looks like a new bios update was released yesterday: 5NCN38WW

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-920-13ikb/download...

JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 536
Message 5 of 7

I will try that, too.

My PC is back to not waking up!

JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 535
Message 6 of 7

Spoke too soon - PC does not wake up again. Lists the 36 as the BIOS under System Information.
arielmi
What's DOS?
Views: 246
Message 7 of 7

Any news? I have the same problem, tried Microsoft Support, the help person seemed helpless

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors